in-card Post your Answers

How to erase 7 yr old cibil

7 yrs ago owed std chart 1,20,000 in credit card dues, paid 75,000 in a settlement. But they posted me on cibil which blocked even business loans and cc limit. What to do? Thanx.

in-card Responses

Settled Credit card

Whenever you SETTLE a loan or credit card, the lender will report you to the credit bureau with a SETTLED status. This is considered a negative status by many lenders and future loan applications are likely to be rejected. The best way to remove the SETTLED status is to contact the lender and determine what amount needs to be paid to convert this to a CLOSED status. Typically, it would be the shortfall at the time of the settlement. Credit bureaus recommend that lenders stop reporting loans that matured or closed more than 7 years ago, but lenders continue to report this to the bureau. If you require any assistance with resolving this issue and need help to co-ordinate with lenders, you may contact CreditMantri. We have services that could be of interest to you..

Check your Free Credit Score Online

As part of our efforts to make the end consumer services affordable and available at price points which are favourable to the customer, CreditMantri may receive fees / commissions from lenders.

CreditMantri ™ is a registered trademark of CreditMantri Finserve Private Limited. All Rights Reserved. Product name, logo, brands, and other trademarks featured or referred to within Credit Mantri are the property of their respective trademark holders.

CreditMantri was created to help you take charge of your credit health and help you make better borrowing decisions. We support customers with every kind of credit profile - those who are new to credit and have a minimal or nonexistent record; those who have a problematic history; and those who already enjoy a healthy profile. If you are looking for credit, we will make sure you find it, and ensure that it is the best possible match for you. How do we help you? We enable you to obtain your credit score instantly, online, real time. We get your Credit Score online and provide a free Credit Health Analysis of your CIBIL or Equifax report. Based on the analysis, we help you discover loans and credit cards best suited for your credit profile. We help you understand your Credit Profile, Credit Information Report (CIR) and know where you stand. We are a one-stop shop for all your credit needs. We make it easy for you to browse through and compare the various financial products on offer on the market; access our free and user-friendly online tools; and finally, enjoy a stress-free application process with quick approvals. We ensure that you have a better shot at getting an approval for a loan or credit card you apply since we match the lender’s criteria to your credit profile. We help you avoid loan rejection by carefully determining your eligibility and matching you with the right lender/product. We achieve this with a cutting edge combination of data science and technology that ensures that both lenders and borrowers have a transparent common platform to make their decisions. We treat your data with the utmost confidentiality and will never share or sell it to anyone. That is our CreditMantri guarantee. Our dedicated and best-in-class customer service will go the extra mile (or two) to support you on every step of your credit journey. Our 1 Million happy customers are our best testimonial.

CreditMantri is India’s No. 1 site for Credit Analysis and Free Credit Score Online. Let us help you take control of your credit goals and unlock the door to your financial freedom.