Karnataka Recurring Deposit Interest Rates
Karnataka Bank Recurring Deposit
An RD or a Recurring Deposit, is a convenient way to save money while at the same time earning interest on it. Basically, you would be required to make fixed monthly installments (depending on your budget) for a fixed tenure. An RD allows you to make smaller ongoing investment while at the same time earning interest equal to that of an FD, but without the need to make a bulky one-time payment at the beginning of the deposit, as is the case with an FD. You enjoy a higher rate of interest than a savings account for the same principal amount.
Advantages to opening an RD account:
- Safe and secure form of investment
- Ideal for people who cannot save a large initial lump sum, but want to deposit small amounts on an ongoing basis
- Interest Rate earned is similar to that of an FD
- Can be opened with small minimum amount.
- Lump sum received at maturity, including the interest
- The rate of interest is higher as compared to an ordinary saving bank account
- Flexible tenures to suit the budget of the individual
- Recurring Deposit Interest rate is fixed so you are assured of a fixed return
- Loan / overdraft facility available with some banks.
Karnataka Recurring Deposit
An RD in Karnataka Bank instills a habit of regular savings, where in you can invest a fixed amount every month for a fixed number of months. You can make these installments to a Karnataka Bank recurring deposit scheme either by a Standing Order, ECS mandate or by regular direct remittance.
Key Features of Karnataka Bank RD Account
- Allows you to safely deposit small amount of money on a regular basis rather than a bulky one-time payment at opening of the RD.
- Ideal for people with a regular, steady income who may not be able to spare enough money for the minimum amount to open an FD.
- Flexible tenure – you can choose tenures which can range from a few months to several years depending on your financial goal and budget
- Attractive interest rates: Offers a higher rate of interest than a savings bank account—similar to an FD—but with a smaller ongoing investment.
- Is a safe, low-risk form of investment.
- Is among the most liquid of investments; you can access your funds when you need it by paying a small amount as penalty.
Types of Recurring Deposits Offered by Karnataka Bank:
- Deposit tenure: 45 months to 120 months in multiples of 15 months
- This is special scheme wherein a fixed sum invested monthly becomes over a lakh of rupees at the end of the chosen tenure. The sum is fixed as per the tenure chosen. For more details, contact the bank directly.
Regular Recurring Deposit:
- Period of RD: Minimum 6 months to a maximum of 10 years
- Preferential interest rate for senior citizens
- TDS on Interest is applicable
- Nomination facility available
Karnataka Recurring Deposit Interest Rates
Karnataka Bank RD interest rates are similar to rates offered for FD accounts. You can get the best rates for a Karnataka Bank Recurring Deposit by investing in any of its RD schemes. Following is an overview of Karnataka Bank RD interest rates including Karnataka Bank Short-Term RD Interest Rates. For the latest and accurate RD interest rates in Karnataka Bank, it is advisable to check with the bank directly.
Karnataka Bank recurring deposit interest rates 2015 – 2016
The current RD Interest rate ranges from 4% to 7% for normal Indian residents including minors and HUF. It is advisable to contact the bank directly for the revised and up to date interest rates as they can fluctuate on a regular basis.
Karnataka Bank Senior Citizen RD Interest Rates
Senior citizens enjoy preferential rates. For the most accurate and the latest revised or updated interest rates, it is advisable to contact the bank directly.
How to apply for an RD in Karnataka Bank:
You can call the customer care for help with your RD application. Alternatively, you can visit your nearest Karnataka branch and have a bank representative help you with the process.
Karnataka Bank Recurring Deposit Calculator:
You can make use of Karnataka Bank online RD Calculator to help compute the interest and the maturity amount earned on your invested amount. It is often recommended to use an online RD calculator before you invest in an RD account. This is because it helps you visualize the maturity amount and lets you decide how much you wish to save and invest monthly. Using an RD Calculator is easy— you need to enter the instalment amount you want to invest monthly, the duration, the interest rate, method of compounding, and the calculator will provide the maturity amount that you get at the time of maturity of the Recurring Deposit. You can try various amount and opt for the one that helps achieve your financial goal and suits your budget.
Karnataka Bank RD FAQs
What is the eligibility criteria to open an RD account with Karnataka Bank?
Individuals, in their own name, jointly with others, minors who have attained the age of 10 years and above in his/her own name, minors below the age of 10 years under guardianship of parents/legal guardian, HUFs, associations, clubs, societies, trust, proprietorship/partnership Firm, companies, corporate body, etc. can open RD account with Karnataka bank. Illiterate and blind people are also eligible to open accounts.
What is the minimum deposit period?
The minimum deposit tenure is 6 months to a maximum of 10 years.
How do I apply for a regular recurring deposit?
If you are a new customer, you can start with opening a savings account, which can be linked with an RD account.
Alternately, you can visit your nearest branch and submit the RD application form.
What is the documentation required to open an RD account?
You will require the following documents:
- Filled-in application form
- Passport size photographs
- Proof of residence, PAN Card, ID Proof
- Proof of age (for senior citizens and minors)
- Any other KYC documents as required by the bank