Shamrao Vithal Co-op Recurring Deposit Interest Rates
Shamrao Vithal Co-op Bank Recurring Deposit
A Recurring Deposit (RD) is a safe and convenient way of saving money while also earning interest on it. An RD allows you to deposit a fixed amount on a regular basis with your bank, and it is similar to a Fixed Deposit (FD) in that you enjoy a higher rate of interest than a savings account for the same principal amount.
The main difference between an FD and an RD is that a recurring deposit allows you to make ongoing periodic investments in the deposit, whereas in a fixed deposit, you need to deposit the entire lump amount at the time you open the FD account. It is ideal for starters for wish to save.
Advantages to opening an RD account:
- Interest Rate earned is generally equal to that of an FD
- Safe and secure form of investment
- Secure from fluctuations and volatility
- Ideal for people who cannot deposit a large initial lump sum, but want to deposit small amounts on a regular basis
- Can be opened with small minimum amount.
- Lump sum received at maturity, including the interest
- The rate of interest is higher as compared to an ordinary saving bank account
- Flexible tenures to suit the budget of the individual
- Recurring Deposit Interest rate is fixed so you are assured of a fixed return
- Loan / overdraft facility available with some banks.
Shamrao Vithal Co-op Recurring Deposit
An RD in Shamrao Vithal Co-op Bank instills a habit of regular savings, where in you can invest a fixed amount every month for a fixed number of months. You can make these installments to a Shamrao Vithal Co-op Bank recurring deposit scheme either by a Standing Order, ECS mandate or by regular direct remittance.
Key Features of Shamrao Vithal Co-op Bank RD Account
- Allows you to safely deposit small amount of money on a regular basis rather than a bulky one-time payment at opening of the RD.
- Ideal for people with a regular, steady income who may not be able to spare enough money for the minimum amount to open an FD.
- Flexible tenure – you can choose tenures which can range from a few months to several years depending on your financial goal
- Attractive interest rates: Offers a higher rate of interest than a savings bank account—similar to an FD—but with a smaller ongoing investment.
- Is a safe, low-risk form of investment.
- Quick liquidity options and access to your funds when you need it at a nominal penalty.
Types of Recurring Deposits Offered by Shamrao Vithal Co-op Bank:
Lakshadeesh Recurring Deposit Scheme
- Make small savings in your kids name to make him/her a ‘Lakhpati’.
- Maximize the returns from your savings.
- Savings in monthly installment.
- Attractive Interest Rates. Following is an overview:
|Monthly Deposit Amt.||Period (In Months)||Maturity Value|
Flexi Recurring Deposit Accounts
- Poses a choice to the depositor to deposit into the account an agreed minimum sum of money monthly known as the “Core Deposit”.
- The depositor has the option to deposit excess amount up to ten times the core deposit amount subject to a maximum of Rs. 20,000 per month over a stipulated period.
- Tenure: minimum 12 months in multiples of three months up to a maximum period of five years.
- The minimum core deposit amount: Rs. 500
- The Excess amount deposited should be in multiples of Rs.500.
- It is mandatory for the depositor to deposit the core deposit amount every month.
- The excess amount deposited in each month will not be utilized for payment of future installments.
- Interest compounded on quarterly basis.
Shamrao Vithal Co-op Recurring Deposit Interest Rates
Shamrao Vithal Co-op Bank RD interest rates are similar to rates offered for FD accounts. You can get the best rates for a Shamrao Vithal Co-op Bank Recurring Deposit by investing in any of its RD schemes. Following is an overview of Shamrao Vithal Co-op Bank RD interest rates including Shamrao Vithal Co-op Bank Short-Term RD Interest Rates. For the latest and accurate RD interest rates in SVC, it is advisable to check with the bank directly.
Shamrao Vithal Co-op Bank recurring deposit interest rates 2015 – 2016
The current RD Interest rate ranges from 5% to 7% for normal Indian residents including minors and HUF. It is advisable to contact the bank directly for the revised and up to date interest rates as they fluctuate on a regular basis.
Shamrao Vithal Co-op Bank Senior Citizen RD Interest Rates
Senior citizens enjoy preferential rates, i.e., 0.50% more on the interest rate as applicable for normal customers. For the latest revised or updated interest rates, it is advisable to contact the bank directly.
Shamrao Vithal Co-op Bank Recurring Deposit Calculator:
You can make use of the SVC RD Calculator to compute the interest and the maturity earned on your invested amount. Using an RD Calculator is easy— you just need to enter the deposit amount, annual interest rate, and the number of months—the calculator will provide the maturity amount that you get at the time of maturity of the Recurring Deposit. Using an RD calculator helps you find out how much you need to save and helps you visualize the maturity amount. You can try various amount and opt for the one that helps achieve your financial goal and suits your budget.
Shamrao Vithal Co-op Bank RD FAQs
What is the eligibility criteria to open an RD account with SVC?
Following are eligible to open an RD with SVC:
- Individual (singly or jointly) with others.
- Minor who have attained the age of 10 years and above in his/her own name (proof of age required)
- Minors below the age of 10 years under guardianship of Natural/legal guardian.
- Proprietorship/Partnership Firm, Commercial Organization, Company / Corporate Body
- Hindu Undivided Family
- Association, Club, Society, Trust or Religious/Charitable Educational Institutions,
- Municipality or Panchayat, Government or Quasi-Government body.
- Illiterate and blind persons can also open accounts.
What is the minimum deposit period?
It varies with the kind of recurring deposit. For Flexi recurring deposit scheme, the minimum tenure is 12 months.
How do I apply for a regular recurring deposit?
You can visit your nearest branch and submit the Deposit Account form, or open a savings account and have an RD linked to that account, if you are not already a customer.
What is the documentation required to open an RD account?
You will require the following documents:
- Filled-in application form
- Passport size photograph
- Proof of residence, PAN Card, ID Proof
- Any other KYC documents as required by the bank