Linking Aadhar Card to the Bank Account
Aadhar Card has been made compulsory so that everyone benefits from the schemes implemented by the Government. To take it a step further, it is now mandatory to link your Aadhar Card to your Bank account to get subsidies and benefits directly from the government without having to go through several manual processes. This will also enable the Government to identify the needy.
Have you not yet linked your Aadhar Card to your bank account? Following is the procedure to link the same.
The prerequisites to link Aadhar Card to your bank account through online method are
Steps to be followed:
Benefits of Linking your Aadhar Card to the Bank Account
The main reason why the Government encourages people to link Aadhar Card is that its welfare payments and benefits reach the people equally.
Here are the few schemes that a common citizen is entitled to receive from the Government.
• LPG Subsidy: Your LPG subsidy amount is directly credited to Aadhar Card linked the bank account.
• Subsidy for Basic commodities: Subsidies for products like sugar, kerosene, rice, pulses, etc. will also be credited in your Aadhar linked account.
• Mahatma Gandhi Rural Employment: Wages for people working under this scheme will be credited to the bank account
• Tribal Welfare Scheme: Payments under this scheme is credited to the bank account.
• Scholarships: Scholarships for students will be credited to the bank account. However, in this case, it is not mandatory to have Aadhar card linked to your Bank Account.