What is Equifax ePORT?
Whenever you apply for a loan, a lender typically approaches the credit bureaus for your credit score and credit history. For lenders, any information with regard to your credit behavior—whether you are likely to pay back a loan or other credit product—is of importance, as it helps them make a decision which would possibly help avoid a incurring loss in the form of unpaid loans.
Overdue payments, defaults, delinquencies, bounced cheques etc., can cause banks and lenders losses on a large scale and few lenders want to risk lending to a customer without knowing his/her credit background. Lenders rely on credit rating companies, like Equifax, to give them an insight into the credit history of a potential customer. A lender typically picks those applicants who have a high credit score or strong credit history and are potentially safe to lend to. The credit rating system helps banks and lenders weed out potentially risky customers and only lend to those who have a good credit history with consistent payment behavior.
Equifax ePORT is a business-to-business gateway that helps lenders manage risk and access the information that they need to make an informed decision on lending. It is an online portal designed to provide end-to-end, user-friendly, flexible access to tools that helps companies increase their productivity and bottom-line results.
Equifax ePORT is a destination for organizations of all sizes and is open to all from small businesses to large corporates. This gateway is intended as a one-stop-shop for a variety of revenue enhancing products and tools. ePORT offers consumer and commercial driven solutions and products including risk analytics and scoring, ensuring regulatory compliance, fraud solutions, employment verification and other solutions.
In order to access ePORT, a valid Company ID / User ID and Password must be entered on the login page of the Equifax ePORT portal. Through this online gateway banks, non-banking financial companies and other institutions can access detailed credit data about potential borrowers.
Some of the features of Equifax ePORT include:
- A secured and personalized web experience for every member.
- A hub for products and tools for all kinds of organizations – from small businesses to global corporations.
- Safety features include role and location-based security to control access to data.
- A storehouse and delivery instrument for all Equifax product-related information.
Why and for whom is Equifax ePORT necessary?
Businesses of all sizes can take advantage of the many facilities that being a member of ePORT offers. It helps companies balance risk and reward and enables them to make data –driven decisions. It helps them access accurate, up to date consumer credit information as well as a range of other products and tools that speed up the decisioning process.
It enables faster and easier access to product information and solutions, quicker response time to requests, better customer support and the ability to download data directly.
Benefits of Equifax ePORT
There are multiple benefits to the Equifax ePORT.
- It enables direct data download thereby saving time
- It operates as one single portal for convenient access to consumer and commercial solutions / products.
- It offers full scalability, meaning that as your business grows, so do the solutions offered.
- The web-based portal provides round-the-clock accessibility to the tools required–whenever and wherever needed
- Having access to ePORT helps speed up response time to new customer inquiries, by enabling easy access to accurate updated consumer data.
- It helps improve customer support metrics, thereby improve business.
How to become a member of Equifax ePORT
In order to become a member of Equifax ePORT, you need to contact Equifax in the following ways:
- You can register online via the Equifax India website.
- You can send an email to Equifax Customer Support online.
- You can call the customer support at 1-800-209-3247
- You can mail an enquiry for more details at the following address:
Equifax Credit Information Services Private Limited,
Unit No. 931, 3rd floor, Building no. 9,
Solitaire Corporate Park,
Andheri Ghatkopar Link Road,
Mumbai – 400093, India.
Access to the Equifax database is only possible once the institution has officially registered with Equifax as a member. Those registering online or offline will have to provide their company name, existing customer account number, security number, first name, and last name. If you forget your Customer Account Number, or Security Digits – the website will direct you to the appropriate resource.