ICEGATE (Indian Customs Electronic Commerce Electronic Data Interchange Gateway) is the one-stop shop for all international transactions attracting customs and other duty payments. Now the ICEGATE portal is revamped with new functionalities. Both the old and new websites of ICEGATE are now available in the public domain to enable users to move to the new portal smoothly. The old website will be scrapped in a phased manner after validating the successful implementation with all the registered ICEGATE users. Those who want to make fresh registration must use the new ICEGATE portal.
Purpose of ICEGATE
- Seamless exchange of data almost with 15 international trading partners
- Enable faster customs clearance
- Create an environment for paper compliance
- Create, develop and maintain a comprehensive database of import and export
- Create visibility of the movement of materials
Beneficiaries of ICEGATE
- Consol agents
- Import General agents
- Export General agents
- Freight forwarding agents, carriers, and cargo.
Services Offered In ICEGATE
- ICEGATE registration
- GST integration
- Auto Import Export Code (IEC) registration
- Matching IEC and Goods And Service Tax Identification Number (GSTIN)
Electronic Filing Services
- For Customs Service Centers
- File upload by ICEGATE users
- MFTP file transfer
- Using SMTP or Email of ICEGATE
- Application for Digital Signature
- Customs duty
- Central Excise or Service Tax
- Special Economic Zone (SEZ) Customs Duty
- Express Cargo Clearance System (ECCS)
Other Services By Integration
- Registration of Intellectual Property Rights
- Verification of DES/EPCG/DEPB licence
- Customs duty calculator
- Single Window Interface for Facilitating Trade (SWIFT) services
- IEC verification with DGFT
- Customs EDI system
- Track your container using National Logistics Data Services
Electronic Storage ANd Computerised Handling of Indirect Tax documents is a premier facility of ICEGATE for uploading documents electronically for indirect tax compliance. The application provides options to upload all important supporting documents in electronic format for those users registered with a digital signature certificate in ICEGATE. You can use eSANCHIT from the ICEGATE login under “Services”.
How To Register in ICEGATE?
- Visit the new ICEGATE portal.
- Click on “Services” from the top menu and “Registration” and then “Click here for Registration on ICEGATE”.
- Click on “Register Now” under New to ICEGATE.
- Provide an ICEGATE id with a maximum of 25 alphanumeric characters which should not contain any spaces, or any special characters other than “-” and “_”.
- Provide a valid email id and check the availability of the user id.
- Key in your GSTIN, and IEC and verify the same.
- Provide all the business details required and finish the registration form.
- Use your login ID and provide the temporary password sent to the mail.
- Enter the mobile and email OTP received and finish the registration.
Documents Required For ICEGATE Registration
- Self-attested copies of
- Aadhar card, PAN card, Voter ID, Driving licence
- Authorisation letter by partners or board of directors
What Is A Bill Of Entry?
A Bill of entry is a legal document required to be generated on or before importing goods. It is required to claim Input Tax Credit (ITC) while filing GST returns. The bill of entry is generated by importers or custom house agents either for home consumption or for bond clearance. It must be submitted to the customs department for clearance of goods from the port. The customs officer verifies the goods using the bill of entry and the clearance is done after the importer pays the basic customs duty, IGST, and compensation cess.
How To Create A Bill Of Entry?
The Customs House Agents (CHA) appointed on behalf of the importers prepare the Bill of Entry. The broad contents of the Bill of Entry include
- BoE number
- Port code
- Duty payment mode
- Item details like quantity, HSN codes, description, weight, etc
- The assessable value of the item
- Customs duty
- Additional duty
- Taxable amount
- GSTIN, IEC, and PAN
- Name and address of the importer
You can check the status of your bill of entry by logging into your ICEGATE account or using the ICEGATE enquiry website.
Check for Different types of Business Loan at CreditMantri, Apply and Get Benefited
What Is A Shipping Bill?
A shipping bill is a document required to export goods to other countries. It enables easy clearance of goods by the customs department. Following are the types of shipping bills currently in use
Colour of document
Dutiable shipping bill
Attracts export duty
Duty-free shipping bill
No export duty
Drawback shipping bill
Exported for further processing. Customs duty paid can be drawn back
Ex bond shipping bill
Imported and stored in bonded warehouses for exporting again.
Coastal shipping bill
Movement from one port to other port
How To Create A Shipping Bill?
An exporter himself or by appointing a customs house agent can prepare a shipping bill before sending the consignment of goods. It can be prepared online by logging in to the ICEGATE user account and providing the supporting documents as required. The contents of the shipping bill include
- Import Export Code
- GSTIN or PAN
- Exporter name and address
- Buyer name and address
- Carrier details
- Commercial invoice details
- Cargo details
- Item level details
- Export duty and IGST-related details
ICEGATE is a comprehensive portal that interconnects data from various sources and provides a meaningful dashboard and reports. It facilitates and quickens the cumbersome import and export process by enabling the electronic filing of various forms. ICEGATE is one of a kind initiative from the Central Board Of Excise and Customs.
FAQ of ICEGATE
1:Is ICEGATE registration mandatory?
Yes. It is mandatory for all the stakeholders in the import and export of goods.
2:How to change the simplified registration in ICEGATE?
Login to your ICEGATE account. Select “Simplified to DSC link” from the left menu bar. Update the information as required and submit the form.
3:Is a digital signature mandatory for using ICEGATE services?
Digital signature is mandatory for various forms in ICEGATE. It enables quicker and hassle free processing.
4:What is the difference between a shipping bill and a bill of exchange?
The Bill of exchange is used for imports and the shipping bill is used for exports.
5:How to check the status of ICEGATE registration?
Visit the ICEGATE portal and click on “Services”. Click on “ICEGATE registration verification”. Provide your PAN and captcha and click submit.