Yes, it is certainly possible to pay personal loan EMI through credit card.
Is it a good idea to pay my personal loan EMI through credit card?
It depends on your individual circumstances. If you are struggling to make your EMI payments on time, then using your credit card to make the payments could help you avoid defaulting on your loan. However, if you are able to make your EMI payments on time without using your credit card, then there is no need to do so.
How does paying personal loan EMI through credit card help you?
- You can avoid defaulting on your personal loan if you are struggling to make your EMI payments on time.
- You can buy some more time to mobilize funds to pay your EMI amount.
Why is it a bad idea?
- You will likely have to pay a processing fee for making this payment, which can be anywhere between 1 – 3% of the EMI amount.
- You may not earn any rewards or cashback on the payment. This is because most credit cards only offer rewards on purchases, not on payments.
- You may increase your credit utilization ratio. Your credit utilization ratio is the percentage of your available credit that you are currently using.
- If you end up not being able to repay the credit card bill on the next due date, then the late payment fee and penalty will be much higher.
If you do decide to pay your personal loan EMI through a credit card, make sure that you are aware of the potential risks and benefits. By doing your research and planning ahead, you can avoid any problems and make the most of this option.