Getting your mobile number registered or updated in a LIC policy has never been this easy. It is possible to change the mobile number for your LIC policy online. Here are the steps.
- Go to the website of LIC.
- Fill in details like your full name and date of birth, same as your policy document.
- Fill the mobile number and email address in the required space.
- You can select the number of policies you want to change the contact details for. You can update the details for up to 10 policies at a time.
- Check the declaration and proceed to submit.
- Next, enter the policy numbers in the space provided and click on "validate policy details".
- The system will check to see if the name and date of birth in the policy records are the same as the details provided by you. If you have received a success message updating the details then the work is almost done.
- You will receive a confirmation call from the LIC customer care to verify your number and an email on your address.
- As it is verified, the details will be updated for the policy.
Alternatively, you can also fill the mobile number change form and submit it in person at your nearest LIC service centre.