By using the Razorpay payment gateway, you can receive online payments from your customers. However, you need to activate your account, before you can begin accepting payments.
Note that activating your account is different from creating a Razorpay account. Creating an account gives you access to test mode only. In order to access live mode and start accepting payments from customers, your account has to be activated.
Activating your Razorpay account is a simple process that takes just a few minutes. Follow these easy steps to quickly activate your Razorpay account.
- Log into your Razorpay account to access your dashboard.
- You can activate your account by clicking on the ‘Activate Account’ button in the menu panel.
- Before you can activate your account, you have to provide a few more details about your business like Business Type, Full Business Name, Billing Label, Business Category/Sub-Category, PAN number, website/app, etc.
- Once you have provided all the required information, click ‘Activate account’.
When account activation is completed, you will receive a notification on-screen stating, “Account Activated. Ready to accept domestic payments.”
Points to Keep in Mind before Activating your Razorpay Account
- Make sure to check all the features of the platform in the testing mode, before you activate it and go live.
- Even though the account is activated, the payments will be settled to your bank account only after KYC verification.
- If you’re facing any difficulties during account activation, you can connect with the support team of Razorpay to help you out.
Once your account has been activated you will have access to live mode and you can start accepting domestic payments from your customers.