As per RBI’s new rule, banks are allowed to give 90% of finance to properties worth INR 30 Lakhs. Hence the rest of 10% has to be shared from your pocket. As your home loan falls between 25 to 30 lakhs, you may have to pay 10% of the loan amount which would roughly be 3 to 4 Lakhs and the rest of the amount will be shared by the bank.  For loans above 30 to 75 lakhs, the banks will provide 80% of the finance to the property. 

The down payment can also be more than the stipulated percentage of margin. The huge amount you put in the down payment, it becomes easier to cut the burden on your home loan.