Paytm users can easily add money to their Paytm wallet using their credit cards - either through the website or the app. All you need to do is follow the steps listed below:
On the Paytm website:
- Visit www.paytm.com and log into your Paytm account using the registered email id or phone number.
- Once you do that, you will be taken to a new page that will contain a number of options including "Add Money."
- Here you will need to select the mode of adding money from the list of options that include credit/debit card, netbanking, and IMPS and type in the amount of money you want to add.
- On selecting the option "Credit Card," you will be redirected to a secured payment page on which you will need to fill in your card details.
- You will need to fill in details like card number, name on the card, validity, and CVV number.
- You can save the details of the credit card and it will appear on screen from the second transaction you make. However, you will need to enter your CVV number each time you use the credit card even after saving its details to maintain the security of the gateway. This method ensures faster payment.
- Once you finish entering the required details of your credit card, you will need to click on the "Submit" tab for the transaction to proceed. Once the transaction is completed, you will be redirected to the homepage of your Paytm account and the transferred amount will be loaded in your Paytm Wallet.
On the Paytm app:
- Once you open the app on your phone, you will need to click on the "Add Money" option that appears on the top most strip on the homepage.
- Once you click on it, you will be asked to select your mode of payment from debit/credit card, netbanking, and IMPS.
- On selecting a credit card, you will be directed to a secure payment gateway on which you will need to fill in your card details like card number, name on the card, validity, and CVV number.
- You will be given the option to save the details of the credit card to make payments faster from your second transaction. However, you will still need to enter your CVV number every time you try to make a transaction for security purposes.
- Once the details have been entered, you will need to click on the “Submit” tab after which the money will be added to your Paytm Wallet.
Paytm users don’t have to pay any charges for using a credit card to add money to their Paytm Wallet.