Internet banking has turned the banking industry easily accessible to millions of people. From opening a bank account to applying for a loan, internet banking has varied uses. Following are some of the important uses of internet banking.
- Accessibility – You can access your account details, balance enquiry, account statements, profile details, etc.
- Funds Transfer – You can transfer money to self-accounts or other accounts using NEFT, RTGS, IMPS, etc.
- Bill Payments – You can pay your bills for utility services, insurance providers, mutual fund operators, etc.
- Credit Cards – Shows details of the credit cards linked to your name
- Loans – Access information on various loan products linked to this account and also apply for a loan using the same platform.
- Investments – You can invest in various investment products offered by the bank, like mutual funds, stocks & shares, bonds, government schemes, FDs & RDs, etc.
- Insurance – Access various insurance products offered by the bank and invest in them
- E-Services – Certain services can be availed without making a visit to the branch. You can do the following such as address updation, cheque book request, cheque stop request, Form 15H submissions, Income Tax statement requests, any account related service requests, etc.
You can get started with your internet banking by requesting the bank to provide the login credentials. The net banking will be activated after you successfully go through the verification procedure.