Google Pay is an important digital payment tool these days! During the Corona outbreak, digital payments have spread throughout the country.
Google Pay is one such payment facilitator that allows you to use your BHIM UPI account to transmit payments to persons, service providers, users, merchants, and third parties. It allows you to link your bank account or credit card to make payments. Similarly, payments can be received using the same means.
You may also like – How does UPI work?
Paying your HDFC Bank Credit Card bill is an important feature available with Google Pay.
There is no exclusive section for Credit Card Bill Payment in the app to allow you to pay the credit card bills. However, you can still pay the credit card bill through this app if your credit card issuer allows you to pay it using UPI Code.
- Login to your HDFC Bank credit card account on the bank’s customer portal
- Click on the bill pay option.
- Choose UPI/Netbanking as the payment option
- You will be required to enter your Google Pay UPI Id to proceed
- You will be redirected to the Google Pay app to authenticate and complete the payment
- Enter your transaction PIN to authorize the transaction and choose the bank account from which you want to make the payment
- The amount is debited from your bank account and your credit card bill is paid
Points to Note:
- Aside from paying a credit card bill using Google Pay, you may also connect your credit card to the app to make payments to merchants, billers, third-party users, and so on.
- At the present, there is no way to make a direct payment to your credit card account using the Google Pay app.