There is actually no direct way of paying one credit card bill through another credit card. But, if you do want to use a credit card to pay for another credit card’s bill, you can do that indirectly.
There are three methods by which you could use your credit card to pay another credit card’s bill.
1. Through Cash
- Withdraw money from ATM for the credit card you want to make the payment with
- Deposit money into your checking account
- Pay the amount
- If you are going ahead with this method, do note that credit card loans are the most expensive loans there are. So, it might take a huge toll on your pocket.
2. Through an e-wallet
- Transfer the money to an e-wallet from the credit card you want to make the payment with
- Use the e-wallet to pay the amount
3. Through Balance Transfer
This is another way of paying one credit card’s bill through another. You could transfer your balance to another credit card and pay the bills on your other credit card. Not only this, the interest rate of the other credit card would be lower than the former. Moreover, there will be an interest-free period during which you won’t have to pay any interest on the amount.
Points to note:
- Balance transfer usually comes with a fee
- It might affect your credit score a little
- If you miss a payment, you would be charged interest on the outstanding amount even if the interest-free period is not over
You might like to read – How to pay my credit card bill online?