Everything is digital payments these days! During the Corona pandemic, digital payments have made inroads in every part of the country.
Google Pay is one of the top payment facilitators through which you can send payments to people, service providers, users, merchants, and third parties using your BHIM UPI account. It lets you link your bank account or credit card through which you can effect payments. Similarly, you can also receive payments through the same channels.
You may also like – How does UPI work?
Paying your credit card bill is an important feature available with Google Pay.
There is no exclusive section for Credit Card Bill Payment in the app to allow you to pay the credit card bills. However, you can still pay the credit card bill through this app if your credit card issuer allows you to pay it using UPI Code. You must remember that not all credit card issuers provide this facility.
- Log in to your credit card account on the bank’s customer portal
- Click on the bill pay option
- Choose Google UPI as the payment option
- You will be redirected to the Google Pay app to authenticate and complete the payment
- Enter your transaction PIN to authorize the transaction and choose the bank account from which you want to make the payment
- The amount is debited from your bank account and your credit card bill is paid
Points to Note:
- Besides making payment for a credit card bill through Google Pay, you can also add your credit card in the app for making payments to merchants, billers, third-party users, etc.
- There is no option, at the moment, to make payment to your credit card account from the Google Pay app directly