There are various ways to activate or register for the SMS banking facility provided by HDFC. Here are the various methods you can use:
By SMS – Customers can register for the facility by sending an SMS.
- Customers can send the following SMS – REGISTER to 5676712 from their registered mobile number.
- HDFC SMS Banking is registered instantly.
NetBanking – Customers can also register for the SMS banking facility using NetBanking.
- HDFC customers must login using their customer ID and IPIN.
- The user is required to click on SMS Banking Registration.
- The user must then fill in the required details.
ATM – HDFC Bank customers can also register for the facility through a HDFC ATM.
- The HDFC customer must enter his or her ATM PIN.
- The ATM machine will display the ‘More Options’ tab, on the home page.
- The user can then register for mobile banking.
Bank Branch – Customers who want to register for HDFC SMS Banking can also fill in the application form and drop it at the bank’s branch.
Additional Reading: What Is Sms Banking In Hdfc