IRCTC SBI Platinum Card provides loyalty scheme where you can get up to 10% cash back on your AC class ticket fare. 1 SBI Card Travel Reward point is equal to Rs. 1 of your ticket fare when redeeming reward points for ticket purchase. These reward points will be valid for a period of 3 years from the date of the member's registration.
Additional Reading: What are the benefits to getting an SBI IRCTC Platinum Credit Card?
How to redeem reward points and a few facts on redemption:
- You can go to the IRCTC’s official website and login with your username and password
- When you make an AC class railway ticket booking, you can choose the Redeem Loyalty points option to pay for your travel ticket
- Redemption of reward points can be made only against the total ticket fare and you cannot redeem them for individual fares
- If you cancel a redeemed ticket before the date of the journey, you will get back only 50% of the reward points back, over and above the existing cancellation charges as per the Indian Railway Commercial Rule. The remaining reward points will be credited back to you
- You can cancel an I-ticket, which you have redeemed through reward points, only at physical counters. E-tickets can be cancelled online on the IRCTC official website
- If you are looking for a credit card that is best suited for your spending habits, check your eligibility here for free.