FASTag is a reloadable tag that is fixed on the windscreen of a vehicle which enables people to drive through toll plazas without stopping for a cash transaction. The FASTag is linked to a prepaid account from which the toll amount will get deducted from. This is possible as the tag employs Radio-frequency Identification (RFID) technology. The tag will be fixed on the vehicle after the tag account is activated.
Benefits of using FASTag
- Get cash back of up to 2.5% on all toll payments using FASTag
- If your vehicle has FASTag, you wouldn’t need to stop your vehicle at the toll plaza for any cash transactions
- You will receive SMS & email alerts on your registered mobile number/email address for all the transactions done in your tag account
- Options to recharge online through credit card/debit cards or Net Banking
- You don’t have to worry about carrying cash for the toll payments
- Get accidental death covers of Rs. 1,00,000
Additional Reading: How does FASTAG calculate charges for roundtrip?