Any citizen of India between the age of 18 to 65 can open a National Pension System (NPS) account. It can be opened online or by visiting the Point of Presence - Service Provider (PoP - SP) nearby.
- You must have an Aadhaar card, PAN, scanned image of signature, passport size photo, net banking facility, debit or credit card ready.
- Login to NPS portal
- Enter your Aadhaar and PAN and get the verification done
- Choose the type of account i.e. Tier I or Tier II
- Enter the OTP for authentication
- Fill up the personal details
- Choose the Fund Manager
- Select investment mode
- Select investment mix
- Assign nominees
- Upload signature and photo
- Complete and get PRAN
- Download the completed form
PoP - SP
- Visit the nearby PoP - SP and procure the Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN)
- Have the documents ready
- Submit the application form
- Track your application
- Submit your first contribution slip
- The minimum first contribution is Rs. 500 for the Tier I scheme and Rs. 1000 for the Tier II scheme.