CreditMantri Finserve Private Limited
Door No.3, Block B, No. 147, Workeasy Space Solutions, RK Swamy Centre, Hansa Building, Pathari Road,Thousand Lights, Chennai, Tamil Nadu600006
Have any queries? Click here for more details
All written queries will be responded within 1 working day.
We'd love to help you through every step along the way.
Is your Credit Score >750?
Let us have a detailed look at GST refunds, eligible parties, the refund process and GST refund tracking.
About GST Refund Status
GST Refunds can be claimed under the following circumstances –
1. Excess GST paid as a result of a mistake
2. Supply of Goods or Services to SEZ Units and Developers
3. Considered Exports
4. Pre-deposit refund
5. Refund of accrued Input Tax Credit due to duty structure inversion
6. Tax refunds on purchases made by the UN or embassies, etc.
7. Provisional evaluation has completed.
8. Refund resulting from a decision, decree, order, or direction of the Appellate Authority, Appellate Tribunal, or any Court.
9. Refund of GST paid on items purchased in India and shipped overseas to international tourists at the time of their departure from India.
10. Refund due to the issuance of refund vouchers for taxes paid on advances for which goods or services were not provided.
11. Refund of CGST and SGST paid by treating the supply as intra-state supply that is later held to be inter-state supply, and vice versa.
Once you have submitted your GST Refund Application, you should receive your refund within 7 business days from the date of acknowledgement. Here is how you can track your refund status on the GST portal –
1. Go to the GST Portal and sign in using your valid credentials.
2. Navigate to 'Services,' 'Refunds,' and 'Track Application Status.'
3. Either input the ARN of the refund application or select the applicable fiscal year for which the refund application was filed. The search results will be shown.
4. To view the 'Payment Advice Status,' scroll to the right. If the bank account validation fails, you can update the bank account by clicking the 'Update Bank Account' button under Bank Validation Status.
5. A page will be provided to allow you to edit the bank account information. After selecting the appropriate account number, click 'Proceed.' A warning will appear on the screen asking if you are certain you want to update the bank account for that specific ARN; click 'Proceed'.
6. A one-time password (OTP) will be issued to the registered mobile number, which must be entered to confirm filing.
7. A notice will appear at the top of the screen indicating that the bank account has been properly changed.
8. You can also check the progress of your refund without going into the portal. Simply navigate to 'Services' -> 'Refunds' -> 'Track Application Status.'
9. Enter the ARN and press the 'Search' button. The search results will include information on the applicable refund claim.
If the GST Officer believes that the entire or a portion of the amount claimed as a refund is inadmissible or not payable to the applicant, he shall issue a notification to the applicant in Form GST RFD 08 The applicant would be expected to respond to such a notice in Form RFD 09 within 15 days of receiving it.
Following receipt of the applicant's response, the GST Officer shall issue an order in GST Form RFD 06 either authorizing the amount of refund in whole or in part or rejecting the aforementioned refund application. The applicant would be able to access this order electronically. No refund request shall be denied unless the petitioner is given an opportunity to be heard.
The relevant date would be different in different cases and the same has been mentioned below
In the instance of a GST Refund due to Zero Rated Supplies, such as Exports, the GST officer will authorize 90% of the GST Refund on a provisional basis within 7 days.
The provisional reimbursement will be granted in Form GST RFD 04 within 7 days of the acknowledgement date. The acknowledgement is typically issued within 15 days, but in the case of a refund of integrated tax paid on zero-rated supplies, it is issued within three days.
The GST Officer will issue a GST Refund payment advisory in Form GST RFD 05, which will be electronically credited to any of the applicant's bank accounts listed in his registration particulars and stated in his application for refund.
A temporary refund will not be provided to anyone who has been prosecuted in the past 5 years before the refund period or under any existing law when the amount of tax evaded exceeds Rs. 2.5 Lakhs.
The remaining money must be refunded within 60 days. If the refund is not issued within 60 days, Section 56 interest at 6% per year is charged beginning on the 61st day. The refund order would be made in GST RFD 06, and payment advice would be issued in GST RFD 05, indicating the amount of the delayed refund, the duration of delay, and the amount of refund payable. The applicant's bank account would be electronically credited with the interest amount.
1. If the amount of the return is less than Rs. 1,000, no refund will be provided.
2. In circumstances where the application for GST Refund is for a refund of Input Tax Credit, the applicant's electronic ledger must be debited by an amount equivalent to the refund sought.
3. Any claim for GST Refund relating to the balance in the Electronic Cash Ledger must be made through the return filed for the applicable tax period in Form GSTR 3, Form GSTR 4, or Form GSTR 7.
4. If a Casual Taxable Person or a Non-Resident Taxable Person is due a refund on account of advance tax deposited, such reimbursement will not be issued unless such person has submitted all returns for the entire time for which the certificate of registration was provided to him.
5. UN Bodies and embassies may demand a refund of the GST paid on their expenses within 6 months of the end of the quarter in which such supply was received.
6. Tourists can also get a refund of the GST they paid during their visit to India. The term "tourist" has been defined as somebody who is not ordinarily a resident of India who visits for a period of not more than six months for valid non-immigrant reasons.
1. How many days will it take for the GST refund to be processed?
It takes 7 business days from the date of receiving the acknowledgement.
2. Who qualifies for a GST refund?
Any taxpayer who makes an additional GST payment in the form of tax, interest, penalty, fees, or any other item is eligible for a GST refund. The taxpayer must ask for a refund using FORM GST RFD-01, which is prescribed.
3. What is the form used to apply for GST refund?
One has to use form number RFD-01 to claim GST refund.
4. Where should I submit the RFD-01 form for a GST refund?
You have to apply for a refund only on the GST portal under your registered login.
5. Without logging into the GST Portal, how can I track my refund application?
To get started, go to Services > Check the Status of Your Application > Choose Refund from the drop-down menu > > Enter the ARN to track your refund application without logging into the GST Portal, click SEARCH.
7th Pay Commission
A Khata Property Tax
Advance Tax Payment
Advantages Of Paying Taxes
An Analysis Of Increase In Service Tax Rates
B Khata Property Tax
Bbmp Property Tax
Benefits Of Taxes
Capital Gains Tax
Chennai Property Tax
Coimbatore Property Tax
Corporate Taxation In India
Delhi Property Tax
Exemptions Under GST
Ghaziabad Property Tax
Ghmc Property Tax
Goods And Services Taxes
Gross Salary In India
GST Advance Ruling
GST Input Credit
GST Payment Due Date
GST Penal Provisions
GST Returns Filing Due Dates
House Rent Allowance
How To Calculate Hra Exemption On Income Tax
How To Calculate Income Tax On Salary
How To Claim Income Tax Refund
How To E File Income Tax Returns
How To Track Your Income Tax Refund Status
Income From House Property And Taxes
Income Tax Credit
Income Tax Exemption
Income Tax Returns
Income Tax Slabs
Kanpur Property Tax
Kredit Bee Personal Loan
New Service Tax
Penalties Under GST
Professional Taxes In India
Property Tax In Ahemdabad
Property Tax In Indore
Property Tax In Mumbai
Pune Property Tax
Road Tax Toll Tax
Road Taxes In States And Uts Of India
Section 80ccc Of The Income Tax Act
Securities Transaction Tax
Service Accounting Codes
Steps To Paying Property Tax
Tax Benefit On Stamp Duty And Registration Charges
Tax Deducted At Source
Taxes In India
The Income Tax Act
What Is A Cancelled Cheque
What Is Form 15h In Income Tax
What Is Gratuity
Withholding Tax In India
CreditMantri will never ask you to make a payment anywhere outside the secure CreditMantri website. DO NOT make payment to any other bank account or wallet or divulge your bank/card details to fraudsters and imposters claiming to be operating on our behalf. We do not sell any loans on our own and do not charge any fee from our customers/viewers for the purpose of loan application