CreditMantri Finserve Private Limited
Door No.3, Block B, No. 147, 2nd Floor, Workeasy Space Solutions, RK Swamy Centre, Hansa Building, Pathari Road,Thousand Lights, Chennai, Tamil Nadu600006
Have any queries? Click here for more details
All written queries will be responded within 1 working day.
We'd love to help you through every step along the way.
Is your Credit Score >750?
GST necessitates the filing of returns. Even if there is no transaction, you must file a Nil return.
Please bear the following considerations in mind:
About Penalties under GST
The CGST Act imposes a daily late fee of Rs.100. As a result, it is Rs.100 subject to CGST and Rs.100 subject to SGST. Each day, the total amount will be Rs.200. However, there is a maximum levy of Rs. 5,000. There is no specific late fee in the IGST Act. Furthermore, the total late fee for GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B has been reduced to Rs. 50 per day (Rs.20 per day for Nil filing).
GST late fees and penalties were rationalized during the 43rd GST Council meeting held in June 2021.
1. In the case of non-filing of GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B returns, the maximum late fee payable shall be Rs.500 per return (i.e. Rs. 250 each for CGST & SGST).
2. Other than nil filing, the maximum late fee in GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B is established based on the yearly turnover slab, as follows:
3. If the preceding fiscal year's annual turnover is up to Rs.1.5 crore, a late fee of up to Rs 2,000 per return might be levied (i.e. Rs.1000 each for CGST and SGST).
4. If the turnover is between Rs.1.5 crore and Rs.5 crores, a maximum late fee of Rs. 5,000 per return can be levied (i.e. Rs. 2500 each for CGST and SGST).
5. If the turnover exceeds Rs.5 crores, a late fee of up to Rs.10,000 (i.e. Rs.5000 per CGST and SGST) can be levied.
6. Furthermore, the late fee for delayed filing of GSTR-4 from FY 2021-22 has been rationalised vide CGST notification 21/2021 dated 1st June 2021. The maximum late fee would be Rs.500 per return for nil filing and Rs.2000 for non-nil filing.
7. According to CGST announcement 22/2021 dated 1st June 2021, the late fee chargeable for GSTR-7 i.e. TDS filing under GST shall be a maximum of Rs. 2,000, but the late cost per day levied is decreased from Rs.200 to Rs.50 per act, per return.
Late payment of GST liability attracts interest based on the net tax liability after deducting input tax credit claims. Every taxpayer is required to pay interest if they:
The annual interest rate is 18%. It must be estimated by the taxpayer depending on the amount of delinquent tax. It is based on the net tax liability as it appears in the ledger at the time of payment. The time period will run from the day after the filing deadline until the actual payment date.
1. When does one incur GST late penalties and interest?
If you fail to file the GST returns that are required by law, you will be charged late fees for each day that you are late. In addition, if there is any tax owed, the tax liability will be subject to interest at the rate of 18 percent per year.
2. Is it necessary for me to file GST returns if I don't owe any GST?
Yes, regardless of whether you have a tax burden or not, if you are a GST-registered taxpayer, you must file the necessary GST returns. You can file a Nil return if you had no transactions for the month. You can submit GSTR-3B if you just have purchases and no sales.
3. Could I provide my GSTR as a taxpayer who does not have any money to file as a GST return?
Yes, you can still file a GST return which shall be reclassified as a NIL return.
4. Where and how do I pay the late fees or interest?
You can pay the late fees, interest and penalties on the GST portal. The option is available under ‘User Services’.
5. What happens if you don't pay your GST late fees in a timely manner?
The GST late fees are auto-populated in the GST return for the following period. You won't be able to file your GST returns until you pay the late costs, according to the system.
7th Pay Commission
A Khata Property Tax
Advance Tax Payment
Advantages Of Paying Taxes
An Analysis Of Increase In Service Tax Rates
B Khata Property Tax
Bbmp Property Tax
Benefits Of Taxes
Capital Gains Tax
Chennai Property Tax
Coimbatore Property Tax
Corporate Taxation In India
Delhi Property Tax
Exemptions Under GST
Ghaziabad Property Tax
Ghmc Property Tax
Goods And Services Taxes
Gross Salary In India
GST Advance Ruling
GST Input Credit
GST Payment Due Date
GST Penal Provisions
GST Refund Status
GST Returns Filing Due Dates
House Rent Allowance
How To Calculate Hra Exemption On Income Tax
How To Calculate Income Tax On Salary
How To Claim Income Tax Refund
How To E File Income Tax Returns
How To Track Your Income Tax Refund Status
Income From House Property And Taxes
Income Tax Credit
Income Tax Exemption
Income Tax Returns
Income Tax Slabs
Kanpur Property Tax
Kreditbee Personal Loans
New Service Tax
Professional Taxes In India
Property Tax In Ahemdabad
Property Tax In Indore
Property Tax In Mumbai
Pune Property Tax
Road Tax Toll Tax
Road Taxes In States And Uts Of India
Section 80ccc Of The Income Tax Act
Securities Transaction Tax
Service Accounting Codes
Steps To Paying Property Tax
Tax Benefit On Stamp Duty And Registration Charges
Tax Deducted At Source
Taxes In India
The Income Tax Act
What Is A Cancelled Cheque
What Is Form 15h In Income Tax
What Is Gratuity
Withholding Tax In India
CreditMantri will never ask you to make a payment anywhere outside the secure CreditMantri website. DO NOT make payment to any other bank account or wallet or divulge your bank/card details to fraudsters and imposters claiming to be operating on our behalf.