Having the right credit card not only boosts your spending power but can also reduce your fuel, grocery and utility bills. If you’re looking for a new card to add to your wallet, we’ve got an exciting choice. ICICI Bank recently partnered with HPCL (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited) to offer the HPCL Super Saver credit card. Loaded with features and an astounding array of benefits, this card has the potential to reduce your monthly bills.
Continue reading to find out if the ICICI HPCL Super Saver card is the right fit for your lifestyle needs.
What is the ICICI HPCL Super Saver card?
The ICICI – HPCL Super Saver card is a co-branded credit card launched by ICICI Bank and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited. The card aims to offer best-in-class rewards and an array of benefits to customers on their everyday spending.
Powered by VISA, the unique feature of from latest ICICI Bank Credit Card is that, unlike regular credit cards that offer rewards only on specific categories, the ICICI HPCL Super Saver card offers rewards across categories including fuel, eCommerce shopping, in-store shopping at D-Mart, Big Bazaar, electricity, mobile and other utility bills.
The Super Star of Savings – During the card’s launch, ICICI Bank representatives highlighted the unique features of the card. Typically, most credit cards offer accelerated rewards and bonus points only on a particular category of spends like fuel, travel, dining, etc. The ICICI HPCL Super Saver card breaks this barrier and allows cardholders to enjoy reward points across categories, thus earning it the title “Super Star” of savings. ICICI Bank hopes that this card will help customers save more by empowering them to enjoy rewards across categories.
To help promote digital payments at retail outlets, the card offers various incentives as rewards and bonus points. Customers are also rewarded with additional loyalty points when they use this card to pay for fuel via the HP Pay App.
Who is it for?
For all individuals looking to save on their daily purchases like fuel transactions, utility bills, grocery spends and other retail purchases.
Key Privileges of the ICICI HPCL Super Saver Credit Card
Reward Points & Cashback
- Get a Joining Bonus of 2000 reward points on fee payment and card activation.
- Get Rs. 100 cash-back on the HP Pay mobile app on activating the card.
- 5% cashback on all fuel purchases at HP fuel pumps across the country, applicable for payments via the HP Pay app or POS. Earn extra 1.5% cashback as reward points for fuel purchases at HP fuel pumps for prices via the HP Pay app.
- 5% cashback as reward points for grocery, utility and departmental stores like Big Bazaar and D-Mart.
- Get rewarded with 2 loyalty points for every Rs. 100 spent on all retail purchases. This isn’t applicable for fuel purchases.
- Complimentary roadside assistance 24 x 7 in the event of vehicle breakdowns.
- Complimentary lounge access at domestic airports across the country.
- 25% discount (capped at a maximum of Rs. 100 per transaction) on movie ticket bookings via BookMyShow and Inox. This discount is applicable a maximum of two times per month.
- Participate in the ICICI Bank Culinary Treats Programme and enjoy exclusive dining offers. For details on which restaurants participate in this programme, visit the Culinary Treats section on the ICICI Bank website.
Fees & Charges
One-time Joining Fee
Rs. 500 + GST
Annual Fee (from the second year)
Rs. 500 + GST
*The renewal fee is waived if you have spent more than Rs. 1,50,000 the previous year.
Supplementary Card Issuance Fee
Interest on credit and cash advances
3.50% per month (42% p.a.)
How to apply for the ICICI HPCL Super Saver credit card?
You can quickly apply for this card via the ICICI Bank website or by using the iMobile app from ICICI Bank. Once you turn in the application, it will be processed by the bank. Once approved, you receive a digital (virtual) card immediately. The physical card will be sent to your residential address via Speed Post in the next few working days.
You can track card purchases, make payments, and increase/decrease the credit limit using the iMobile app or the ICICI Bank website.
What is the eligibility for the ICICI HPCL Super Saver Card?
The eligibility for this card is at the discretion of ICICI Bank and is dependent on several factors like:
- Your employment type – salaried, salaried doctor, self-employed professional or self-employed business
- Annual income
- Relationship with ICICI Bank
- Whether you already own a credit card
- Place of residence, etc.
Use the online application form to provide your details, and depending on your eligibility, you will receive a call-back from ICICI Bank to help you continue with the application.
Save More, when you Shop More
The ICICI HPCL Super Saver credit card helps you save more on your daily purchases, including fuel transactions, grocery, departmental store and other utility bills. Use this card to pay for your everyday purchases and save more.
- Where can I redeem the reward points earned on the ICICI HPCL Super Saver card?
All the reward points can be redeemed against fuel purchases at HPCL pumps. Alternatively, you can exchange reward points against any item in the PAYBACK catalogue, based on the number of points you own.
- Is there any way to waive the annual fee?
Yes. You don’t have to pay the annual fee if your total spent on the card crosses Rs. 1,50,000 in the previous year.
- Is the ICICI HPCL Super Saver Card secure?
Yes. All credit cards from ICICI Bank come with an embedded microchip for additional security. The chip prevents card duplication and counterfeiting. Besides the chip, the card has an extra layer of security in the form of a PIN. You have to enter the PIN at PoS outlets as well as online transactions.
- Should I visit ICICI Bank to apply for this card?
No. The application for the ICICI HPCL Super Saver card is 100% online. It's an entirely digital and paperless process. All you have to do is apply online, furnish the necessary KYC documents, and receive the card, depending on your eligibility.
- What is the credit limit for the ICICI HPCL Super Saver card?
The credit limit is based on your income levels and other liabilities. To find the maximum credit limit for you, contact ICICI Bank.