Google Pay is a free online platform that allows you to send, receive, and send money to friends and family without incurring any costs. Within your Google Pay account, you can add, remove, or change your credit and debit cards.
Google Pay recently allowed credit cards to be added for payments. Here is a step by step guide on how to add a credit card to your Google Pay Account:
- Open Google Pay on your mobile device and log in with your PIN
- Go to your profile section and click on ‘Add Debit/Credit Card’
- Enter the card number, expiration date, CVV, as well as the cardholder's name and billing address
- Google Pay will now check with your bank to verify the details
- You will be required to provide extra authentication in the form of an OTP
- Once added, tap ‘Activate’ next to your new card's payment method listing and enter your OTP.
- Your card is now ready to be used.
Credit Cards on Google Pay – Points to Note
Currently, only the following cards can be added to your Google Pay account:
- Axis Visa Credit card
- Axis Visa Debit card
- SBI Visa Credit card
- SBI Visa Debit card
- Kotak Visa Credit card
- Kotak Visa Debit card
- HSBC Visa Credit card
- HDFC Visa Debit card
- HDFC Visa Credit card
- IndusInd Visa Credit card
- IndusInd Visa Debit card
- Federal Visa Debit card
This feature is currently available only for Android phones, and not on iOS phones