Some of the common inclusions of health insurance plans in India are:
- Cashless Treatment: Under a health insurance plan, one can avail of cashless treatments which means that the beneficiary can receive medical treatments without paying for the hospital expenses from their own pockets.
- Cover for Pre- and Post-Hospitalisation Expenses: Most plans cover pre-and post-hospitalisation expenses for a period up to 60 days before and after the beneficiary’s hospitalisation.
- Transportation Expenses: In case the insured is hospitalized, the plan covers the costs incurred on ambulance transportation of the person from home to the hospital or vice-versa.
- Medical Check-ups: Most health insurance plans provide free cover for health check-ups. However, many insurers may offer these check-ups for free as per the No Claim Bonus of the policy.
- No Claim Bonus: If one holds a health insurance plan and does not make any claims through an entire policy year, he/she can get rewarded with a No Claim Bonus.
- Room Rent: In case a person is hospitalised, he/she may have to incur costs on room rent. With a health insurance policy, an individual can have these costs covered up to a significant extent.
A health insurance policy can come with many tax benefits. The premium payments made towards health insurance plans also qualify for tax deductions as per Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Online Purchasing Facility: With many advancements in technology, one no longer has to visit a branch of the health insurance provider for purchasing a plan. This can also be done online through some easy steps.