To avail of a home loan, you should need to submit several documents to carry out the KYC process. The documents such as the antecedents of the property you desire to own, your income background, address process, etc are collected by the bank before processing your home loan. The bank collects the documents according to the customer category. The required documentation will differ from one bank to another bank. The following are some of the important documents used to avail of a home loan in India.
Most Required Documents for a Home loan in 2022
- The first essential document is the loan application form.
- Address proof and ID proof
- 3 passport-sized photographs.
- For salaried employees, the original salary certificate should be submitted.
- For self- salaried employees, the IT return or the assessment order copies for the last 3 years is required to be submitted.
- Bank Account Statement or Passbook for the last 6 months.
- Signature verification.
- Property proof
- For self-employed professionals, IT Returns or Assessment Orders copies of the last 3 years are required to be submitted to the bank.
- The self-employed professional should submit the business address proof
- The self-employed professional should submit the challan as evidence of Income-tax payments.
- The self-employed businessmen need to submit the IT return or assessment order copies for the past 3 years.
The following is the list of Documents Needed for NRI Applicants to apply for a home loan
- Document verifying KYC.
- The salary certification as per the NRI applicant's passport, job title, last salary slip, passport number, and date of joining.
- The applicant’s salary slips show the variable components like incentives, overtime, etc for the last 3 to 6 months.
- Latest IT Returns
- The Self Employed NRIs need to submit the business documents like Trade License, Sponsor Agreement, Power of Attorney, etc.
- The applicant needs to submit a copy of the Passport showing the page of their residence visa.
- Proof of occupation by the Government of the residing country such as work permit, labor contract, etc.
- Documents associated with the Property and cost estimations from an Indian Designer or Engineer.
- For Salaried NRIs, income proof authenticated by embassy officials is needed in case of no documented evidence for salary credit or fund remittance to India.
- Copies of Bank statements from overseas over the last 6 months.
- NRO/NRE bank statement for the past 6 months.
- If the applicant is not available in the country at the time of signing documents, the Power of Attorney must be produced by the person acting on their behalf.
What are the documents required for the KYC Documents for Home Loan Application?
The applicant should submit any one of the following Photo ID proof:
The applicant should submit any one of the following as Residence Proof:
The applicant should submit any one of the following as the age proof: