Technology has made people crazy for the latest gadgets. There are times when you crave a specific smartphone model (a flagship model) but lack of funds makes you put your mobile dreams on hold. You may even plan to get a loan to buy your dream phone. Sadly, your personal loan application got rejected due to insufficient credit history or insufficient salary.
Worry not! Your mobile dreams are not yet lost. Thanks to innovative online lending platforms that grant you loans at affordable terms you can buy your favourite mobile in easy EMIs.
CitiBank Debit Card is one such great option that most loan buyers are not aware of. CitiBank offers a range of products to buy through its debit card facility, including, your favourite mobile gadget. Technology has made it possible to avail easy short-term and long-term credit facilities using newer online platforms. These platforms are Finomena, ZestMoney, EMI Bazaar, Kissht provides loans through your savings accounts or debit cards by charging a specific percentage of interest on such loans. These lending platforms allow you to convert your Citi debit card purchase into easy EMIs.
How to buy a mobile on EMI using a Citi Debit Card?
- You need to first buy your mobile phone using your Citi debit card either on the lending platform website or at their online partner outlets
- On fulfilment of eligibility criteria, your purchase will be converted into EMIs. The amount of EMI will be dependent on the loan tenure and interest rate.
- Your creditworthiness also gets evaluated by analysing your digital footprint through the use of algorithms like Big Data, Artificial Intelligence and the like. Creditworthiness is evaluated based on your past debt repayment pattern, income stability, current loans, defaults on loans and other related parameters.
- Sign up and upload your bank statements and KYC documents like PAN card, Aadhar card and other details.
- Get access to a quick loan approval process with various EMI options.
- Once the application gets approved, pay the minimum down payment and rest in EMIs
- The status of the whole application and loan process can be traced online
- Once the whole process is approved, your product will be shipped.
To avail of loans through Citi Debit Card, the below eligibility criteria needs to be fulfilled
- The minimum age of the applicant should be 18+
- Have necessary KYC documents like PAN Card, Aadhar Card etc
- Must have a stable source of income
- Credit card holding is not mandatory, though having a credit card would make the whole process easier
Features of Citi Debit Card EMI
- You can buy various items through Citi Debit Card apart from mobiles like home appliances, gadgets, laptops, furniture
- Can convert high-value transactions into easy instalments using the EMI facility
- No need for extra documentation
- Easy and hassle-free loans available
- Only one down payment required
- Available on popular lending platforms
- Easy repayment linked to your Citi Debit card
Always, ensure that you have a good credit score as lenders judge your creditworthiness based on your past credit history. Having a good credit score entails you to have better loan terms like lower interest rate and monthly instalments. Check your latest credit score for free on CreditMantri, the online loan platform. Checking your credit score will help you to evaluate how much loan you can avail of. If you have a low credit score, then you can work on improving it.
It is now very easy to buy a mobile on EMIs through Citi Debit Card on innovative lending platforms in India. Use this step-by-step guide to buy your dream smartphone.
1. Do I need to possess a CitiBank account to avail the loan?
Yes, you need to have a Citi savings account to avail the loan. If you do not have one, then open an account at any one of the Citi branches near to you.
2. Can I customize my debit card limit?
Yes, you can customize the debit card limit by discussing it with your relationship manager at the bank.
3. Should I opt for a longer EMI tenure on my Citi Debit Card?
That would depend on the type of mobile you are planning to buy. If it is for a higher amount then you may have to pay more EMIs, so it is better to opt for a longer tenure to reduce the monthly EMI.
4. Can I make utility payments through Citi Debit Card?
Yes, you can make utility payments through your Citi Debit Card.
5. Will paying regular EMIs on a Citi Debit card improve my credit score?
Paying regular EMIs on Citi Debit cards will help you to improve your credit score. Having a good credit score gives various benefits to the debit cardholder.