Generating an ICICI Credit card PIN online is a very simple process. With a few steps, you can very well do it yourself. Let’s look at the process below.
Step-by-step process to generate your ICICI credit card PIN online using net banking
- Your credit card should be active to be able to generate a PIN online.
- Keep your account ID and password handy. Login to your ICICI bank account using your credentials.
- After logging in, click on “My Accounts”. Then click on “Credit Cards”. Finally, click on “Generate credit card pin online”.
- It will ask you to enter your registered mobile number to receive an OTP.
- Enter your registered mobile number
- Input the OTP received on your ICICI net banking page.
- It will then prompt you to enter a 4-digit PIN of your choice
- Once the PIN is successfully generated, you will receive a confirmation message from the bank.
And that’s how you can set your PIN using net banking
Now let’s look at the other ways to set your credit card PIN. Another easy way to do that is via ICICI ATM. Below is a step-by-step process to do it.
How to generate an ICICI credit card PIN using ICICI ATM
- Go to an ATM and insert your card into the ATM.
- It will ask you to select the language of your choice. Choose what you are comfortable with.
- You will see an option “create PIN using OTP”, select that and input your registered mobile number
- You will receive a one-time password on your registered mobile number, input that on the screen of the ATM
- Next, enter a 4-digit PIN of your choice
- Enter again for verification
- After the PIN generation is successful, you should get a confirmation message from the bank
- And then it’s done
You could also generate your credit card PIN via ICICI’s mobile app.
How to generate an ICICI credit card PIN using ICICI mobile application
- Firstly, install the application on your phone
- Log in to the app
- You will see the option – smartkey & services – card services – generate credit card PIN
- It will ask you for some details. Enter the details and then press “Continue”
- After the PIN is successfully generated, you will receive a message from the bank.
Lastly, you could also create the PIN by calling the customer care number. You must call them from your registered mobile number and they will help you step-by-step in generating the PIN.
FAQ of How To Generate ICICI Bank Credit Card PIN Online
1:Can I change my ICICI credit card PIN at any other bank’s ATM?
No, that won’t be possible. You can only change the PIN at an ICICI ATM.
2:I have an add-on card. Will the same PIN apply to this card as well?
Every card will have a different PIN. You should get a different PIN for your add-on card else you should contact the bank.
3:I have forgotten my credit card PIN. How can I reset it?
This happens more than you would imagine. You can reset the PIN via net banking or by calling the customer care number.
4:I have lost my credit card and I am worried it will be misused. What should I do?
Losing a credit card can be risky. Please immediately call the customer care number and best to get the card blocked and request them to issue a new one.
5:What is a CVV number?
A CVV number is a 3-digit number on the back side of your credit card. It is used for verification while you do a transaction using your card. A CVV number is a highly confidential number and should never be disclosed to anyone.
6:Should I sign on the back side of my credit card?
Yes, you should always sign on the back side of your credit card.