Contactless cards have gained popularity in recent times. Contactless cards allow you to make card transactions at PoS machines without having to enter the PIN number. However, the maximum transaction amount is capped at Rs.2000. This allows for faster payments at the counter.
The ICICI Bank Contactless Credit Card features a one-of-a-kind in-built MasterCard contactless payment technology. To make fast and safe purchases at retail outlets, simply tap your card against the PoS machine.
ICICI Bank has two variants of contactless cards
ICICI Bank Coral Contactless Credit Card
ICICI Bank Coral Contactless Credit Card is suitable for users whose spends are mostly on shopping, dining and movie theatre expenses;
- You can earn up to 10,000 PAYBACK Points from ICICI Bank Rewards every anniversary year
- You also get access to the all-new Railway Lounge access
- You could get 1 complimentary access to select airport lounges in a quarter
- Get exclusive dining discounts and privileges while using this card
- Get additional discounts on movie tickets on every purchase
ICICI Bank HPCL Coral Visa Contactless Credit Card
With excellent cashback and fuel surcharge waiver offers, the ICICI Bank HPCL Coral Visa Contactless Credit Card allows you to keep your fuel costs as low as possible. You can also win accelerated rewards, which can be exchanged for fuel at HPCL gas stations right away.
- Comes with Visa PayWave technology to allow contactless payments at petrol pumps
- Earn 2.5% cashback and 1% surcharge waiver on fuel purchases at HPCL pumps
- For purchases other than fuel, get 2 reward points for every Rs.100 spent
- You can redeem 2000 Payback points for fuel worth Rs.500
Contactless cards allow for faster payments when your bill value is less than Rs.2000. Other than that, they work as a normal credit card.
There are safety concerns with this card where instances of scanners scanning your card even when they are in your wallet or purse have been a cause of concern.