You must accumulate a minimum of 500 reward points for redemption. Yes, you can convert your HDFC Bank credit card reward points to cash, but it is not available on all cards. Only few cards are provided this option of converting your reward points to cash. Following are the necessary steps to be followed to convert the points to cash.
• Login to your HDFC Bank net banking using the credentials
• Go to ‘Cards’ page
• Click on ‘Enquire’
• A drop-down list appears, now click on ‘Redeem Reward Points’
• You will be asked to click on your credit card number with a check box
• After clicking on the box, you will be redirected to another page where your reward points will appear
• There will be 4 options on the left side and one of them is ‘Cash Redemption’. By clicking on it, you can proceed with converting your reward points to cash
The amount will be added to your credit card account, which can be used to pay the outstanding principal.
You must also remember that for each redemption, the bank charges a fee of Rs. 99.