There are many post office schemes from which you can take your pick from. According to your requirements, you can choose the scheme of your liking. As all post office schemes are unique, it cannot be said that one scheme stands out from the rest of the schemes. Here are a few post office investment schemes:
- Post Office Savings Account is a secure way to deposit your funds and offer interest rates of 4% per annum for both single and joint accounts. Interest that is earned is tax free for up to Rs. 10,000/year.
- Senior Citizen Saving Scheme is a saving scheme backed by the government. It is offered to Indian residents aged above 60 years. The amount deposited matures after 5 years after which it can be withdrawn, but it can also be extended once by an additional 3 years.
- Public Provident Fund scheme is an investment option that can be planned for the long term. You can get good interest rates and returns on the amount invested.
- Kisan Vikas Patra is a small saving scheme where the objective is to encourage people to take up long-term financial saving options. You get guaranteed returns and it is a safe mode of investment as it is not subjected to market risks.
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a saving scheme for the benefit of girl children. The scheme can be opened by the parents of a girl child below the age of 10.