An EPF member should satisfy three conditions to apply for a claim online.
- Universal Account Number (UAN) of the EPF account holder must be activated
- Your Aadhar should be verified and linked with UAN
- The bank account of the EPF account holder with IFSC Code should be seeded with UAN
Additional Reading: How To Withdraw From Epf If You Need Money Due To Coronavirus
No documents or certificates are required to be submitted by the member or his/her employer to get the benefits of withdrawing from an EPF account. But the individual must have a scanned copy of cheque ready as this will be required to be uploaded while applying for withdrawal from your EPF account online.
Before the covid crisis, individuals could have chosen to withdraw EPF entirely or partially. EPF can be completely withdrawn under a few circumstances like:
- You can withdraw the full amount if you are retired
- If you are unemployed for more than 2 months, you can make a withdrawal. But to make a withdrawal, you would need to get an attestation of the same from a gazetted office.
Additional Reading: Covid 19 Epf Withdrawal Limit