It is actually not advisable to pay one credit card bill using another credit card. There is no direct way to pay one credit card bill with another credit card. However, if you wish to use one credit card to pay another credit card's payment, you can do it indirectly.
You have three options for using your credit card to pay another credit card's bill.
1. Through Cash
- Withdraw money from the ATM using your HDFC Bank credit card
- Deposit the money into your bank account
- Use the amount to pay your SBI Credit Card bill
2. Through an e-wallet
- Transfer money from your HDFC Credit Card to an e-wallet
- Use the e-wallet to pay the SBI Credit Card amount
3. Through Balance Transfer
This is another way of paying one credit card’s bill through another. You could transfer your SBI Card balance to your HDFC Bank credit card and pay the bills there. Not only this, HDFC Bank may offer you a lower interest rate than the one you are getting on your SBI Card. Moreover, there will be an interest-free period during which you won’t have to pay any interest on the amount.
Points to note:
- Withdrawing money from an ATM using your credit card will attract heavy charges
- Balance transfer usually comes with a fee
- It might affect your credit score a little
- If you miss a payment, you would be charged interest on the outstanding amount even if the interest-free period is not over
You might like to read – How to pay my credit card bill online?