A credit card is a tool that allows an individual to make purchases by borrowing from a bank. The individual can then repay the due amount within a grace period of 25 to 30 days. This allows a person to buy now and pay later, thereby making it convenient and affordable at the moment. Credit cards have many added benefits like cashbacks, reward points, fuel surcharge waivers, flight privileges, discounts and more that help an individual save as he spends.
A credit card bill is paid on a month on month basis. Some banks allow individuals to repay their credit card bills using certain debit cards.
Here is how you can make your credit card payment using your debit card:
1. Log on to your lender’s website and go to the credit card section to repay your current bill for the month
2. Enter your credit card number that you want to pay the bill for along with the payable amount.
3. Choose the debit card payment from the payment options available and select the bank account you want to debit from
4. Enter your debit card details
5. Confirm your payment
6. Your payment will then be debited from your account and you will receive an acknowledgment SMS or email
To apply for a credit card, click here.