A personal Identification Number (PIN) is the most important tool in safeguarding your online and offline card transactions. A credit card PIN is generally a four-digit number chosen by the cardholder. The PIN must be kept very confidential and should not be disclosed to anyone. Earlier each bank had a different set of procedures for activating your credit card. The banks generated credit card PINs by themselves and sent them in a PIN mailer. Now the credit cards are pre-activated by the bank, but the customer has to generate a PIN online through their net-banking account or IVR.
Ways to generate HDFC Credit Card PIN through net banking:
- Login to the HDFC Netbanking.
- Enter your Customer ID/User ID. Press Continue.
- Enter your IPIN and log in to your HDFC Netbanking.
- Click on the “Credit Cards” appearing at the top of the page.
- Select “Credit Card ATM PIN” from “Requests” at the left side of the page.
- Find the Credit Cards in the drop-down list.
- Key in the four-digit number that you want to set as your credit card PIN.
- Re-enter the PIN and continue.
- You will receive OTP once you confirm the request for new PIN generation.
- Select the mobile number to receive OTP.
- A message will be displayed on successful completion of setting the PIN.
How to use IVR for generating PIN for your HDFC Credit Card?
IVR stands for Interactive Voice Response. It is an automated service provided by phone. You can use pre-defined menu options by interacting with the Voice Bot of HDFC Bank,
Use HDFC IVR PIN generation Toll Number 1860 266 0333 from your registered mobile number.
- Enter the Hash Key (#) from your phone.
- Enter the final 4 digits of your credit card.
- Dial “1” for generating a credit card PIN.
- The IVR will ask “If you want to Generate a One Time Password (OTP). Press “1” to confirm OTP Generation.
- A six-digit OTP will come to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP.
- Set your four-digit PIN after the Hash Key (#)
- The IVR will provide you with a successful validation message.
- If your IVR call gets disconnected at the time of entering OTP, re-connect to the IVR toll-free number.
- During Step 3, Dial 2 to enter the six-digit OTP.
Your HDFC credit card PIN is now set.
FAQ of How To Generate HDFC Bank Credit Card PIN Online Via IVR & Netbanking?
1:What are the ways for generating HDFC credit card PIN?
You can generate a PIN for your HDFC credit card through your HDFC net banking account, by calling the HDFC IVR helpline, or through any of the HDFC ATMs.
2:What to do if my credit card PIN is compromised?
You should immediately reset it. You can follow the same steps above to reset or change your credit card PIN.
3:Can a PIN be generated if my card is blocked?
You may have to make an unblock request with the bank.
4:What is CVV?
Card Verification Value (CVV) is a 3 to 4-digit number present at the back end of the signature panel of your credit or debit cards. It provides additional security against fraudulent transactions.
5:Is it sufficient that I generate a PIN for my card without doing supplementary cards?
No, you have to generate separate PINs for supplementary cards as well.