Why do you need to set a limit for your card? This is done to make sure you do not spend unnecessarily or if someone is trying to commit fraud then they are not able to withdraw the amount beyond the set limit. Debit card limit is nothing but your ATM withdrawal limit. As a reminder, never share your debit card or ATM PIN number with anyone.
Let’s look at how you can set your IDFC bank debit card’s limit. There are two ways you could do that.
- Changing the debit card limit using internet banking
- Changing the debit card limit using Mobile banking application
You will need to activate internet banking or net banking in order to set your debit card limit via both methods. You can do that by visiting a branch or calling the customer service. Once the setup is done, you will receive a user ID and password which you can use to access internet banking.
For using the mobile application, you will have to install the application on your mobile or smartphone.
Below are some simple steps to change your debit card limit using internet banking –
- Login to your IDFC bank net banking by putting your username and password in the Customer login section – Personal and Business Banking.
- Next go to Debit card and click on Limit Management.
- Select the card you want to change the limit for – click on ATM withdrawal to set your limit.
Now let’s look at how can you change the limit using mobile banking –
- Go to the mobile banking app on your phone and enter the login ID and password
- Go to Settings – Limit Management
- Set your domestic and international withdrawal limits
- Input the OTP received on your registered mobile number
- Submit the response.
It is as simple as that. Setting limits allows you to have control over your spend and helps to maintain your monthly budgeted spends.