Taking a home loan can be a time-consuming and stressful decision. But here are some tips on how to make it a smoother, less anxious process:
• Make sure your credit score is at least 750 and above. The higher the score, higher the chances of approval.
• If your credit score is low, do not apply for a loan since you might be offered unfavourable terms. Instead, work on raising it to the desired number. This can take anywhere between 4 to 12 months, depending on your credit situation.
• Research the interest rates, this is very important.
• Make sure that the property or land you are buying is legally verified and the documents are in order. If in doubt, it is better to choose a property from the lender’s list of builders and promoters as it can make the loan approval process faster.
• Have enough money saved for a down payment before you apply for a loan.
Apply for a home loan when you are absolutely ready to take on the financial commitment.