Interested in financial products
Processing

What is SBI FMCG Fund?

SBI FMCG Fund is an open-ended scheme that provides investors with opportunities for long-term capital appreciation by largely investing in a diversified portfolio of equity and equity-related securities in consumption space. Consumption sectors comprise of companies engaged in the business of consumer durables, consumer non-durables, retail, textiles, auto OEM’s, media & entertainment, education services, airlines, hotels, resorts & travel services, e-commerce, and consumer transportation & logistics services.

The fund invests a minimum of 80% in stocks of companies related to the above-mentioned consumption sector. The remaining 20% is invested either in other equities or debt or money market instruments.

The fund follows a bottom-up approach to stock-picking.


Some of the main features and benefits of SBI FMCG Fund are as follows:

  • Provides investors with opportunities for long-term capital appreciation by largely investing in a diversified portfolio of equity and equity-related securities in consumption space.
  • A minimum of 80% in stocks of companies related to the consumption sector is invested by the scheme.
  • The remaining 20% is invested either in other equities or debt or money market instruments.
  • The fund follows a bottom-up approach to stock-picking.
  • The portfolio is well-diversified across stocks & themes.
  • Long term wealth creation.
  • Minimum investment: Rs. 5000
  • Riskometer: high-risk.

Fund details

Fund House:SBI Mutual Fund
Launch Date:Jul 14, 1999
Benchmark:NIFTY India Consumption TRI
Riskometer:High
Risk Grade:-
Return Grade:-
Turnover:22%
Type:Open-ended
Return since Launch:14.20%
Minimum Investment (R)5,000
Minimum Addl Investment (R)1,000
Minimum SIP Investment (R)500
Minimum No of Cheques12
Minimum Withdrawal (R)500
Minimum Balance (R)1,000
Exit Load (%)0.1% for redemption within 30 days

Compounded Annualized Growth Rate Performance

YTD1-Month3-Month1-Year3-Year5-Year10-Year
Fund-8.220.68-5.65-12.217.3710.1119.48
S&P BSE CD TRI12.531.99-7.8611.5622.7619.4022.09
Category-4.09-0.18-5.14-8.476.879.3913.81
Rank within Category92107551
Number of funds in category1112129985

Performance as on September 5, 2019

Please note that past performance of a mutual fund may not be a guarantee of future results. However, if you know how to analyze fund performance and know what to look for, you can make better investment decisions. This increases the odds that future performance will meet or exceed your expectations.

SIP Performance

Period Invested for₹1000 SIP Started onInvestmentsLatest ValueAbsolute ReturnsAnnualized Returns
1 Year07-Sep-181200011394.23-5.05 %-9.18 %
2 Year08-Sep-172400022540.74-6.08 %-5.9 %
3 Year09-Sep-163600037013.912.82 %1.81 %
5 Year09-Sep-146000071799.8719.67 %7.11 %

NAV as on 5th September 2019


Portfolio Aggregates

FundBenchmarkCategory
Average Mkt Cap (Rs Cr)13,780.00-55,834.82
Giant (%)19.42-37.02
Large (%)16.51-26.80
Mid (%)30.29-25.95
Small (%)31.59-10.82
Tiny (%)2.20-0.96

Top Holdings

CompanySectorPE3Y High3Y Low% Assets
Asian PaintsChemicals65.489.290.009.29
Sheela FoamTextiles43.738.300.007.44
Indian HotelsServices57.896.920.006.31
Nestle IndiaFMCG73.317.754.505.84
Colgate-PalmoliveFMCG45.269.120.005.78
Jubilant FoodWorksServices49.418.164.175.55
MaricoFMCG42.696.020.005.32
Hawkins CookersCons Durable27.105.232.215.22
EmamiFMCG42.216.000.004.77
Greenply Inds.FMCG20.107.431.453.70

Most Recent Dividends

PlanRecord DateDividend (R / Unit)
DividendMar 16, 201812.7000

The NAV or the Net asset value represents a fund's per share market value. It is the price at which investors buy fund shares from a fund company and sell them to a fund company.

PlansNAV (Rs)
Growth64.2727
Dividend106.7565

There is a 0.90% change from previous, NAV as on Sep 05, 2019


Investing in SBI FMCG Fund is fairly straightforward. There are several easy ways of doing this:

Online: You can simply click on the “Invest Now” option on the company’s official website, where after you will be prompted for your basic information, like name, mobile number, and PAN number. You will need to fill up the one-time registration form to complete the process.

Offline: You may approach your nearest SBI Mutual Fund office and submit the relevant forms and documents to proceed with the application process. Alternatively, you may also approach third party dealers for applying to this scheme. However, make sure that the dealer is genuine as there are a lot of fraudulent dealers.

Request for a callback: You can request for a call back by entering your contact details (name and phone number) on their contact form on the website whereupon an expert will get in touch with you to further discuss your investment options.

Email: You can email their customer service on the email address listed on the company’s website for more information.

Tollfree number: You can call their toll-free number listed on their official website and talk to an expert.

Chat: You can also chat with an online assistant using the chat option on their website and have your questions addressed.


1. What is SBI FMCG Fund?

SBI FMCG Fund is an open-ended scheme that provides investors with opportunities for long-term capital appreciation by largely investing in a diversified portfolio of equity and equity-related securities in consumption space.

2. What does the consumption sector comprise of?

Consumption sectors comprises of companies engaged in the business of consumer durables, consumer non-durables, retail, textiles, auto OEM’s, media & entertainment, education services, airlines, hotels, resorts & travel services, e-commerce and consumer transportation & logistics services.

3. What is the approach followed by the scheme?

The fund follows a bottom-up approach to stock-picking.

4. What is the breakdown of the investment scheme?

The fund invests a minimum of 80% in stocks of companies related to the above-mentioned consumption sector. The remaining 20% is invested either in other equities or debt or money market instruments.

5. What is the minimum investment?

The minimum investment to be made is Rs. 5000 and in multiples of Re. 1 thereafter.

6. Who is it suitable for?

This kind of scheme is good for those looking to generate long term wealth creation at high risk to the principal.

×Thank you! Your comment will be reviewed and posted shortly.

Write a review

CreditMantri will never ask you to make a payment anywhere outside the secure CreditMantri website. DO NOT make payment to any other bank account or wallet or divulge your bank/card details to fraudsters and imposters claiming to be operating on our behalf.