Interested in financial products
Processing

What is SBI PSU Fund?

SBI PSU Fund is an open-ended scheme that provides investors with opportunities for long-term growth in capital through active management of investments in a diversified portfolio of equity stocks of domestic PSU (and their subsidiaries) and in debt and money market instruments issued by PSUs and others.

A minimum of 80% of the investment is invested in equities of PSU companies and their subsidiaries. The remaining 20% can be invested in equities of companies other than PSU and/or debt or money market instruments.


Some of the main features and benefits of SBI PSU Fund are as follows:

  • Provides investors with opportunities for long term capital appreciation and the liquidity of an open-ended scheme.
  • The primary strategy of the scheme is to invest in the stocks of the PSU companies and their subsidiaries.
  • A minimum of 80% of the investment is invested in equities of PSU companies and their subsidiaries.
  • The remaining 20% can be invested in equities of companies other than PSU and/or debt or money market instruments.
  • Minimum investment: Rs. 5000
  • Riskometer: high-risk.

Fund details

Fund HouseSBI Mutual Fund
Launch DateJul 07, 2010
BenchmarkS&P BSE PSU TRI
Riskometer
Risk Grade-
Return Grade-
Turnover26%
TypeOpen-ended
Return since Launch:-0.55%
Minimum Investment (R)5,000
Minimum Addl Investment (R)1,000
Minimum SIP Investment (R)500
Minimum No of Cheques12
Minimum Withdrawal (R)500
Minimum Balance (R)1,000
Exit Load (%)1% for redemption within 365 days

SBI PSU Fund Performance

YTD1-Month3-Month1-Year3-Year5-Year10-Year
Fund-3.27-1.07-10.24-9.78-2.17-0.83-
S&P BSE PSU TRI-7.36-0.29-14.48-12.26-2.45-1.98-
Category-2.000.69-11.13-8.56-0.450.91-
Rank within Category232232-
Number of funds in category333333-

Performance as on September 5, 2019

Please note that past performance of a mutual fund may not be a guarantee of future results. However, if you know how to analyze fund performance and know what to look for, you can make better investment decisions. This increases the odds that future performance will meet or exceed your expectations.


Period Invested for₹1000 SIP Started onInvestmentsLatest ValueAbsolute ReturnsAnnualized Returns
1 Year07-Sep-181200011600.31-3.33 %-6.09 %
2 Year08-Sep-172400021385.23-10.89 %-10.66 %
3 Year09-Sep-163600031560.99-12.33 %-8.35 %
5 Year09-Sep-146000056529.35-5.78 %-2.34 %

NAV as on 5th September 2019


Portfolio Aggregates

FundBenchmark*Category
Average Mkt Cap (Rs Cr)34,104.22-54,212.28
Giant (%)37.17-52.19
Large (%)15.13-18.54
Mid (%)27.18-24.94
Small (%)20.51-10.51
Tiny (%)---

Top Holdings

CompanySectorPE3Y High3Y Low% Assets
State Bank of IndiaFinancial30.8113.025.8911.39
Power Grid CorporationEnergy6.938.824.157.36
NTPCEnergy10.627.492.837.08
Garden Reach Shipbuilders & EngineersConstruction13.206.040.006.04
Can Fin HomesFinancial17.475.840.005.84
Bharat ElectronicsEngineering13.696.012.505.54
RitesConstruction12.645.360.005.25
ONGCEnergy6.159.840.955.16
Indian Oil Corp.Energy8.507.073.054.60
HPCLEnergy7.806.981.054.29

The NAV or the Net asset value represents a fund's per share market value. It is the price at which investors buy fund shares from a fund company and sell them to a fund company.

PlansNAV (Rs)
Growth9.5075
Dividend9.5062

There is a 0.60% change from previous, NAV as on Sep 05, 2019


Investing in SBI PSU Fund is fairly straightforward. There are several easy ways of doing this:

Online: You can simply click on the “Invest Now” option on the company’s official website, where after you will be prompted for your basic information, like name, mobile number, and PAN number. You will need to fill up the one-time registration form to complete the process.

Offline: You may approach your nearest SBI Mutual Fund office and submit the relevant forms and documents to proceed with the application process. Alternatively, you may also approach third party dealers for applying to this scheme. However, make sure that the dealer is genuine as there are a lot of fraudulent dealers.

Request for a callback: You can request for a call back by entering your contact details (name and phone number) on their contact form on the website whereupon an expert will get in touch with you to further discuss your investment options.

Email: You can email their customer service on the email address listed on the company’s website for more information.

Tollfree number: You can call their toll-free number listed on their official website and talk to an expert.

Chat: You can also chat with an online assistant using the chat option on their website and have your questions addressed.


1. What is SBI PSU Fund?

SBI PSU Fund is an open-ended scheme that provides investors with opportunities for long-term growth in capital through investments in a diversified portfolio of equity stocks of domestic PSU (and their subsidiaries) and in debt and money market instruments issued by PSUs and others.

2. What is the breakdown of the investment scheme?

A minimum of 80% of the investment is invested in equities of PSU companies and their subsidiaries. The remaining 20% can be invested in equities of companies other than PSU and/or debt or money market instruments.

3. What is the minimum investment?

The minimum investment to be made is Rs. 5000. Minimum additional investment is Rs. 1000.

4. Who is it suitable for?

This kind of scheme is good for those looking to generate wealth appreciation with the possibility of consistent returns.

5. What is the exit load under the SBI PSU scheme?

The exit load is 1% for redemption within 365 days.

×Thank you! Your comment will be reviewed and posted shortly.

Write a review

CreditMantri will never ask you to make a payment anywhere outside the secure CreditMantri website. DO NOT make payment to any other bank account or wallet or divulge your bank/card details to fraudsters and imposters claiming to be operating on our behalf.