Interested in financial products
Processing

What is SBI Magnum Comma Fund?

SBI Magnum Comma Fund is an open-ended scheme that provides investors with opportunities for wealth appreciation with the possibility of consistent returns by investing in a diversified portfolio of stocks of companies engaged in the commodity and commodity-related businesses.

A minimum of 80% is invested in stocks of companies in the commodity and commodity-related space. The remaining 20% can be invested in stocks other than those related to the commodity space and/or debt or money market instruments.


Some of the main features and benefits of SBI Magnum Comma Fund are as follows:

  • Provides investors with opportunities for capital appreciation by largely investing in a diversified portfolio of equity and equity-related securities of companies engaged in the commodity and commodity-related businesses.
  • A minimum of 80% is invested in stocks of commodity and commodity-related space.
  • The remaining 20% can be invested in equities of companies other than the technology space and/or debt or money market instruments.
  • Minimum investment: Rs. 5000
  • Riskometer: high-risk.

Fund details

Fund HouseSBI Mutual Fund
Launch DateAug 08, 2005
BenchmarkNIFTY Commodities TRI
RiskometerHigh
Risk Grade-
Return Grade-
Turnover59%
TypeOpen-ended
Return since Launch8.98%
Minimum Investment (R)5,000
Minimum Addl Investment (R)1,000
Minimum SIP Investment (R)500
Minimum No of Cheques12
Minimum Withdrawal (R)500
Minimum Balance (R)1,000
Exit Load (%)1% for redemption within 365 days

YTD1-Month3-Month1-Year3-Year5-Year10-Year
Fund-1.70-0.86-9.13-10.444.475.064.90
S&P BSE Basic Materials TRI-12.15-1.43-13.11-20.862.404.145.64

Performance as on September 5, 2019

Please note that past performance of a mutual fund may not be a guarantee of future results. However, if you know how to analyze fund performance and know what to look for, you can make better investment decisions. This increases the odds that future performance will meet or exceed your expectations.

SIP Performance

Period Invested for₹1000 SIP Started onInvestmentsLatest ValueAbsolute ReturnsAnnualized Returns
1 Year07-Sep-181200011639.85-3 %-5.49 %
2 Year08-Sep-172400021940.96-8.58 %-8.36 %
3 Year09-Sep-163600034115.4-5.24 %-3.46 %
5 Year09-Sep-146000067437.2412.4 %4.62 %
10 Year09-Sep-09120000162447.235.37 %5.9 %

NAV as on 5th September 2019


Portfolio Aggregates

FundBenchmarkCategory
Average Mkt Cap (Rs Cr)19,127.88-67,768.52
Giant (%)30.72-40.44
Large (%)18.02-24.42
Mid (%)15.35-23.97
Small (%)35.91-13.73
Tiny (%)--0.54

Top Holdings

CompanySectorPE3Y High3Y Low% Assets
Fine Organic IndustriesChemicals35.828.200.008.20
Reliance IndustriesEnergy19.2613.113.597.58
Ultratech CementConstruction35.625.440.005.27
Shree CementConstruction60.875.040.004.83
Neogen ChemicalsChemicals35.204.860.004.75
Indian Oil Corp.Energy8.506.903.174.66
Camlin Fine SciencesChemicals30.896.590.004.58
Deepak NitriteChemicals16.984.240.004.24
PI IndustriesChemicals40.083.960.003.96
NTPCEnergy10.625.531.013.96

Most Recent Dividends

PlanRecord DateDividend (R / Unit)
DividendMar 16, 20184.2000

The NAV or the Net asset value represents a fund's per share market value. It is the price at which investors buy fund shares from a fund company and sell them to a fund company.

PlansNAV (Rs)
Growth33.6036
Dividend19.0726

There is a 0.42% change from previous, NAV as on Sep 05, 2019


Investing in SBI Magnum Comma Fund is fairly straightforward. There are several easy ways of doing this:

Online: You can simply click on the “Invest Now” option on the company’s official website, where after you will be prompted for your basic information, like name, mobile number, and PAN number. You will need to fill up the one-time registration form to complete the process.

Offline: You may approach your nearest SBI Mutual Fund office and submit the relevant forms and documents to proceed with the application process. Alternatively, you may also approach third party dealers for applying to this scheme. However, make sure that the dealer is genuine as there are a lot of fraudulent dealers.

Request for a callback: You can request for a call back by entering your contact details (name and phone number) on their contact form on the website whereupon an expert will get in touch with you to further discuss your investment options.

Email: You can email their customer service on the email address listed on the company’s website for more information.

Tollfree number: You can call their toll-free number listed on their official website and talk to an expert.

Chat: You can also chat with an online assistant using the chat option on their website and have your questions addressed.


1. What is SBI Magnum Comma Fund?

SBI Magnum Comma Fund is an open-ended scheme that provides investors with opportunities for long-term capital appreciation by mainly investing in a diversified portfolio of equity and equity-related securities in the commodity and commodity-related space.

2. What is the breakdown of the investment scheme?

A minimum of 80% is invested in stocks of companies in the commodity and commodity-related space. The remaining 20% can be invested in stocks other than those related to the commodity space and/or debt or money market instruments.

3. What is the minimum investment?

The minimum investment to be made is Rs. 5000. Minimum additional investment is Rs. 1000.

4. Who is it suitable for?

This kind of scheme is good for those looking to generate wealth appreciation with the possibility of consistent returns.

×Thank you! Your comment will be reviewed and posted shortly.

Write a review

CreditMantri will never ask you to make a payment anywhere outside the secure CreditMantri website. DO NOT make payment to any other bank account or wallet or divulge your bank/card details to fraudsters and imposters claiming to be operating on our behalf.