What Is the Best Credit Card for Business Travel In 2017?
A credit card is a traveller’s best (money) friend – it is safe, easy to use, accepted in millions of establishments worldwide, and helps you travel with one less worry as you are free from anxiety of carrying cash around with you. Credit cards that are targeted at the business traveler can be very attractive in terms of the perks and rewards they offer. So which is the best credit card?
The answer is there is no such thing as a best credit card for travel. Each card has its own privileges and you need to check if it suits your requirements. Would you like to earn points on hotel bookings? Would you prefer lounge access? Do you want an excellent concierge service for reservations and recommendations? Match your requirements and priorities with the various travel card offerings available in the market.
An ideal travel credit card would offer a good number of reward points for expenses on air tickets and other travel related expense like hotel bookings or car rentals. There are several credit cards meant especially for business people who travel frequently. Are you one among such people in search of the perfect credit card for travel? Read on to know more!
Features of a Travel Credit Card:
• Reward points for spends across the travel category— airline ticketing spends, hotel spends, car rentals etc.
• Get discount and offers across partner hotels
• Get air tickets free of cost on spends over a certain amount annually.
• Avail of concierge services.
• Enjoy exclusive Lounge Access to exclusive airport lounges in India and abroad.
Here are some examples of credit cards that are focused on the business traveler.
Citibank Premier Miles credit card awards you 10,000 Miles with your first spend of Rs.1,000 or more
• 3,000 Miles on Card renewal.
• Earn 10 Miles per Rs.100 when you book flight tickets, hotel stays, and car rentals at the dedicated PremierMiles website.
• Earn 10 Miles per Rs.100 spent on all airline transactions
• Earn 10 Miles per Rs.100 spent with online partner merchants – MakeMyTrip.com and Flipkart.com
• Earn 4 Miles for every Rs.100 spent on all other transactions
• Convert every 2 Miles for 1 Frequent Flyer Air Mile.
• Complimentary access to participating Airport Lounges in India
The SBI Air India Visa Signature credit card offers attractive rewards for the frequent traveler too. Every 1 Air India Mile earns you 1 Reward Point, you get 20,000 Reward Points as Welcome Bonus and 20 reward points for every Rs. 100 spent on Air India tickets. The card offers complimentary membership of the Air India Frequent Flyer program – Flying Returns, access to over 600 International Airport Luxury Lounges with complimentary Priority Pass Program, complimentary Visa Lounge Access Program in India at major domestic airports.
ICICI Bank Jet Airways Sapphiro credit card offers a Welcome Bonus of 10,000 JPMiles and
5,000 JPMiles on renewal each year along with 7 JP Miles for each Rs. 100 spend. It also offers complimentary airport lounge access to over 600 VIP Lounges, complimentary one-way base fare waived domestic ticket, 5% e-booking discount at jetairways.com, and buy 1 ticket and get the other ticket free any day of the week, through bookmyshow.com.
These are just a sample of the credit cards that are available to the frequent traveler. There are plenty of travel focused credit cards available, you need to decide what perks suit your lifestyle and spending pattern the best before choosing a card. Credit cards for business travel offer a great opportunity to earn perks and reward points that can be redeemed for airfares, hotels or cashback.