CreditMantri Finserve Private Limited
Door No.3, Block B, No. 147, Workeasy Space Solutions, RK Swamy Centre, Hansa Building, Pathari Road,Thousand Lights, Chennai, Tamil Nadu600006
Have any queries? Click here for more details
All written queries will be responded within 1 working day.
We'd love to help you through every step along the way.
Travel credit cards are offered by most of the popular credit card companies that come with reward points, air miles, cashback, etc. These cards can be used to book hotels, flight tickets and do various other transactions. Quick approval is guaranteed by fulfilling all the eligibility criteria prescribed by the banks.
Travel credit cards in India are specifically designed to enhance your travel experience by offering various benefits and rewards. These cards come in different types, including airline co-branded cards, general travel cards, hotel co-branded cards, fuel cards, premium travel cards, and foreign currency cards.
Apply for a travel card via CreditMantri by clicking here
1. Rewards Points - Travel credit cards typically offer rewards points or miles on your card spends. These points can be accumulated and redeemed for travel-related expenses, such as flights, hotel stays, car rentals, or merchandise.
2. Airline and Hotel Upgrades - Some travel credit cards provide the opportunity to upgrade your airline tickets or hotel accommodations. This could include access to premium cabins, priority boarding, complimentary room upgrades, or additional amenities.
3. Airport Lounge Access - Many travel credit cards offer complimentary access to airport lounges, allowing you to relax, enjoy refreshments, and access facilities like Wi-Fi, comfortable seating, etc.
4. Travel Insurance - Travel credit cards often include travel insurance coverage, providing protection against trip cancellation, trip delay, lost baggage, or medical emergencies while traveling.
5. Dining and Entertainment Benefits - Travel credit cards may offer dining discounts, complimentary meals, or exclusive access to dining and entertainment venues. This allows you to indulge in culinary experiences and enjoy entertainment activities while on your travels.
6. Concierge Services - Premium travel credit cards often provide dedicated concierge services to assist you with various travel-related arrangements, such as hotel bookings, restaurant reservations, or event ticket bookings. This personalized assistance can enhance your overall travel experience.
7. Sign-Up Bonus - Many travel credit cards offer a sign-up bonus, which is a large number of bonus points or miles awarded to new cardholders after they meet a minimum spending requirement within a specified timeframe.
8. Redemption Options - Travel credit cards provide various redemption options for earned rewards. Cardholders can typically redeem their points or miles for flights, hotel stays, car rentals, vacation packages, or even cash back toward travel expenses.
9. Travel-Related Discounts - Certain travel credit cards provide discounts or exclusive perks on travel-related expenses. These can include discounts on flights, hotel bookings, car rentals, or access to hotel loyalty program benefits like room upgrades or late checkout.
10. Foreign Transaction Fees - Many travel credit cards waive foreign transaction fees, making them ideal for international travelers. This feature can save cardholders money on currency conversion fees when using their card abroad.
11. Travel Protections - Travel credit cards may offer additional protections, such as rental car insurance, purchase protection against theft or damage, extended warranty coverage, and price protection on eligible purchases.
HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege
SBI Card Elite
Axis Bank Titanium Smart Traveller Credit Card
Air India SBI Signature
Yatra SBI Card
IRCTC SBI Card Premier
Intermiles HDFC Signature
MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Signature
Air India SBI Platinum Credit Card
Rs. 1,499 + taxes
IRCTC SBI Platinum Credit Card
Rs. 500 + taxes
1. Book your flight tickets/hotels from 150+ airlines and international and domestic hotels via SmartPay.
2. Get 12 complimentary international/domestic airport lounge access.
3. Insurance –
a. Get air accident cover worth Rs. 1 crore.
b. Get emergency overseas hospitalization cover worth Rs. 25 lakhs.
c. Get travel insurance coverage worth Rs. 50,000 on delay in baggage arrival.
4. Get complimentary membership of Swiggy, Amazon Prime, and MMT Black
5. Complimentary vouchers of TataCliq/BookMyShow/Ola Cabs/Cult.fit on spending over Rs. 40,000 per month.
6. Get 4 reward points for every Rs. 150 spent.
7. Get 10X reward points on dining on weekends.
1. Get complimentary membership to the Priority Pass Program worth $99.
2. Get 6 complimentary international airport lounge visits.
3. Get 2 complimentary domestic airport lounge visits.
4. Get access to over 1,000 airport lounges around the world.
5. Welcome gift worth Rs.5,000.
6. Get complimentary movie tickets worth Rs. 6,000 in a year.
1. Get 2 eDGE Loyalty Reward Points for every Rs.200 spent.
2. Get 4 eDGE Loyalty Reward Points for every Rs.200 spent on travel bookings (including bus, airline, hotel, train, etc.) that are eligible on the card.
3. Get 8 eDGE Loyalty Reward Points for every Rs.200 spent on the card when you use the card abroad.
1. Get complimentary membership of the Air India Frequent Flyer Program – Flying Returns.
2. Enjoy complimentary airport lounge visits to over 600 international airports.
3. Enjoy complimentary visits to major domestic airports in India.
4. Get up to 30 reward points for every Rs. 100 spent on the Air India website and mobile app.
5. Get your railway tickets booked and delivered to your doorstep while booking through the IRCTC official website.
1. Get Rs. 1,000 off domestic flight bookings at a minimum transaction value of Rs. 5,000.
2. Get Rs. 4,000 off international flight bookings at a minimum transaction value of Rs. 40,000.
3. Get 20% off domestic hotel bookings at a minimum transaction value of Rs. 3,000.
4. Get complimentary air accidental cover of Rs. 50 lakhs.
5. Get 6 reward points for every Rs. 100 spent on groceries, dining, movies, and entertainment.
1. Get 10% value back as reward points on booking AC1, AC2, AC3, and AC CC while you purchase your ticket on IRCTC’s official website.
2. Get 2,500 reward points on an annual credit card spend of Rs. 50,000.
3. Get 5,000 reward points on an annual credit card spend of Rs. 1,00,000.
4. Get Rail Accident Insurance worth Rs. 10 lakhs.
5. Get Air Accident Insurance worth Rs. 50 lakhs.
6. Waiver of 1% transaction charges while booking railway tickets through IRCTC’s official website.
7. Waiver of 1.8% transaction charges while booking air tickets through IRCTC’s official website.
8. Get complimentary 8 lounge visits at domestic airports.
1. Get complimentary access to airport lounges – 12 for domestic airports and 6 for international airports.
2. Apply for the Priority Pass Program for yourself and add-on members.
3. Get an accidental air death cover worth Rs. 1 crore.
4. Get emergency overseas hospitalization cover worth Rs. 15 lakhs.
5. Redeem reward points for hotel booking when you travel. 1 reward point = 0.5 airmile.
1. Get Rs. 750 discount vouchers on flight booking in the first year
2. Get Rs. 2,000 discount vouchers on hotel booking in the first year
3. Get 12 InterMiles on spending every Rs. 150 on flight bookings via Intermiles official website.
4. Get 12 InterMiles on spending every Rs. 150 on hotel bookings via Intermiles official website.
5. Get a 5% discount on Etihad Airways economy class ticket booked via the intermiles website.
6. Get a 10% discount on Etihad Airways business class ticket booked via the intermiles website.
7. Avail of 2.5X bonus Intermiles for Etihad Airways tickets booked via the official intermiles website.
8. Get access to 16 complimentary visits to domestic airport lounges.
1. Get MakeMyTrip gift vouchers worth Rs. 2,500.
2. Get a MakeMyTrip Black membership worth Rs. 1,500.
3. Get access to the MakeMyTrip Loyalty program.
4. Get a chance to earn 40,000 reward points by using the card for travel needs.
1. Get access to both domestic and international airport lounges.
2. Get access to airport concierge services like security check, check-in, porter services, and immigration process.
3. Get airport pick-up services in India.
1. Get 5000 reward points as a welcome gift. Also, get Air India’s frequent flyer program – flying returns membership.
2. Get 2 reward points for every Rs. 100 spent.
3. Avail of up to 15,000 bonus reward points annually.
4. Get 15 reward points for every Rs.100 spent on tickets booked through the Air India website or App.
5. Get 15 reward points for booking for yourself and 5 reward points when booking for others
1. Avail of 8 complimentary railway lounge access in a year, maximum 2 per quarter.
2. Get 1500 bonus reward points as a welcome gift on payment of the first annual fee.
3. Get up to 10% value back as reward points on buying tickets through the irctc official website for the categories – AC1, AC2, AC3, and AC CC.
4. IRCTC travel offers –
a. Save on 1% transaction charges on railway ticket bookings via the official irctc website.
b. Save on 1.8% transaction charges on airline bookings via the official airline irctc website.
c. Book accommodation at more than 5,000 hotels over 350 cities.
d. Avail of tailor-made packages for different tours.
5. Avail of a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on transactions of Rs. 500 – Rs. 4,000, on all petrol pumps across India.
The eligibility criteria for applying for travel credit cards are different from bank to bank and from card to card. Below are the common eligibility requirements.
1. The applicant should be an Indian national.
2. Either salaried or self-employed is appropriate must have a solid credit history.
3. The minimum age should be 21 and the maximum age should be 60 or 65.
Different credit card companies have varied requirements for the paperwork they need to approve a travel credit card application. Below is a list of documents that are mostly asked by credit card lenders.
1. PAN card copy
2. Aadhaar card copy
3. 1 photo the size of a passport.
4. Past two months' worth of pay stubs or an address verification document, like an Aadhaar card, voter ID, driver's license, passport, etc., that shows your present residence.
1. Research and compare - Start by researching different travel credit cards available in the market. Look for cards that offer travel rewards, such as airline miles, hotel points, or flexible points that can be used for various travel expenses. Compare the features, benefits, annual fees, interest rates, and rewards offered by different cards to find the one that suits your needs.
2. Check your credit score - Before applying for a travel credit card, check your credit score. Most travel credit cards require a good to excellent credit score for approval. If your credit score is below average, it's better to work on improving it before applying to increase your chances of approval.
3. Gather necessary documents - Once you've decided on a travel credit card, gather all the necessary documents required for the application process. This typically includes your identification documents, proof of income, and sometimes previous bank statements.
4. Fill out the application form - Visit the credit card issuer's website or go to a local branch to obtain the application form. Fill out the form carefully, providing all the required information.
5. Submit the application - After completing the application form, submit it as per the instructions provided by the credit card issuer. You can typically submit the form online or mail it to the designated address. Some issuers also provide the option of applying in person at a branch.
6. Wait for approval - Once you've applied, the credit card issuer will review your application and assess your creditworthiness. This process may take a few days to a few weeks, depending on the issuer. They may also contact you for additional information or verification during this time.
7. Activate your card - If your application is approved, you will receive the credit card in the mail. This usually involves calling a toll-free number or activating it online.
8. Start using your card wisely - Once your travel credit card is activated, you can start using it for your travel-related expenses. Remember to use the card responsibly, make timely payments, and stay within your credit limit. Maximize the benefits by using the card for eligible travel expenses to earn rewards and perks.
How to Apply for a Travel Credit Card via CreditMantri
1. Go through all the travel credit cards available at CreditMantri
2. Read about all the features and benefits available by clicking on “Know More”.
3. Select the credit card that best suits your needs.
4. As a first step, click on “Check Eligibility”.
5. Fill up all the needed information like mobile number, email ID, residence city, and employment type, and click on “Submit”.
6. In step 2, CreditMantri will suggest the offers available for the credit card.
7. Choose the offer and apply.
8. Your credit card application will be assessed and you will hear back in some time.
Disclaimer: All the travel credit cards listed on the CreditMantri page are not available. Some of the pages are for informational purposes only.
How to Apply for a Travel Credit Card via Bank Website
2. Go to the credit cards section of the website.
3. Read about the features, benefits, and fees of each credit card.
4. Apply for the credit card that suits your needs.
5. Fill out the application form and provide the necessary documents.
6. Wait to hear back from the lender about the application status.
How to Apply for a Travel Credit Card via Bank Branch
2. Carry the necessary documentation for credit cards like identity proof, income proof, etc.
3. Ask the bank personnel about the credit cards, features, fees, etc.
4. They will help you with filling out the form.
5. Once the form is submitted, you will hear back from the bank about the status of the application in a few days.
1. Assess your travel habits - Consider your travel habits and preferences. Are you a frequent traveler or an occasional one? Do you prefer a specific airline or hotel chain? Understanding your travel patterns will help you narrow down the options and select a travel credit card that aligns with your needs.
2. Determine your goals - Define your travel goals and what you hope to achieve with a travel credit card. Are you looking to earn airline miles, hotel points, or flexible rewards that can be used for various travel expenses? Knowing your goals will help you focus on cards that offer the most valuable rewards for your specific needs.
3. Compare rewards and benefits - Research and compare the rewards and benefits offered by different travel credit cards. Look for cards that provide attractive sign-up bonuses, generous rewards rates on travel-related spending, and valuable redemption options. Consider the additional perks like airport lounge access, travel insurance, concierge services, and no foreign transaction fees.
4. Evaluate annual fees - Many travel credit cards come with annual fees. Consider whether the benefits and rewards the card offers outweigh the annual fee cost. If you're a frequent traveler and can take advantage of the card's perks, the annual fee may be worth it. However, if you're a more occasional traveler, you may want to opt for a card with no annual fee or a lower fee.
5. Review interest rates and fees - Look into the interest rates charged on the card and any associated fees, such as balance transfer fees or late payment fees. While paying off your credit card balance in full each month is ideal to avoid interest charges, it's still important to be aware of these rates and fees in case you ever carry a balance.
6. Consider card acceptance - Check the acceptance of the travel credit card. If you often travel internationally, ensure that the card is widely accepted in the countries you visit. Look for cards with the Visa or Mastercard logo, as they are generally accepted worldwide.
7. Read customer reviews - Take the time to read reviews from existing cardholders. These reviews can provide insights into customer service, ease of use, and overall satisfaction with the card. Consider both positive and negative reviews to get a well-rounded understanding.
8. Check for additional restrictions or limitations - Pay attention to any restrictions or limitations on earning and redeeming rewards. Some cards may have blackout dates, limited airline or hotel partners, or expiration dates on rewards. Make sure these limitations don't hinder your ability to maximize the benefits of the card.
9. Understand the terms and conditions - Read through the terms and conditions of the credit card thoroughly. Look for any hidden fees, limitations, or changes in rewards programs that may affect your decision. Understanding the terms will help you make an informed choice and avoid any surprises down the line.
10. Seek professional advice if needed - If you're still unsure which travel credit card is right for you, consider seeking advice from a financial advisor or credit card expert. They can provide personalized recommendations based on your specific financial situation and travel goals.
1. Do research and compare - Take the time to research and compare different travel credit cards available in the market. Look for cards that align with your travel goals and offer the best rewards and benefits for your needs.
2. Do understand the terms and conditions - Read and understand the terms and conditions of the credit card before applying. Pay attention to fees, interest rates, rewards programs, and any applicable limitations or restrictions.
3. Do pay off your balance in full - To avoid accumulating high-interest charges, try to pay off your credit card balance in full each month. This will help you make the most of the rewards without incurring unnecessary debt.
4. Take advantage of sign-up bonuses - Many travel credit cards offer sign-up bonuses, which can significantly boost your rewards. Make sure to meet the spending requirements to earn these bonuses.
5. Do use the card for travel-related expenses - To maximize your rewards, use your travel credit card for eligible travel-related expenses such as flights, hotels, rental cars, and dining. These purchases often earn higher reward rates.
6. Do track and monitor your rewards - Keep track of your earned rewards and understand how they can be redeemed. Stay up to date with any changes in rewards programs and take advantage of opportunities to maximize your rewards.
7. Do use the additional perks - Make use of the additional perks offered by your travel credit cards, such as airport lounge access, travel insurance, concierge services, and no foreign transaction fees. These perks can enhance your travel experience and provide added value.
1. Don't carry a high balance - Avoid carrying a high balance on your travel credit card as it can lead to high-interest charges. Try to pay off your balance in full each month or keep it as low as possible.
2. Don't overspend to earn rewards - While it's tempting to chase rewards, avoid overspending beyond your means just to earn more points or miles. Stick to your budget and spend responsibly.
3. Don't forget about annual fees - Be aware of the annual fees associated with your travel credit card. Consider whether the benefits and rewards outweigh the cost of the fee. If the fee is not justifiable, consider switching to a card with no annual fee or a lower fee.
4. Don't ignore expiration dates or blackout dates - Be mindful of any expiration dates on earned rewards and blackout dates for redemption. Plan your travel and redemption accordingly to make the most of your rewards.
5. Don't neglect payment due dates - Pay your credit card bills on time to avoid late payment fees and damage to your credit score. Set up reminders or automatic payments to ensure timely payments.
6. Don't forget to notify your issuer of travel plans - If you're traveling internationally, inform your credit card issuer about your travel plans to avoid any disruptions in card usage due to potential fraud alerts. This will help ensure smooth transactions during your trip.
7. Don't ignore your credit score - Keep an eye on your credit score as it plays a crucial role in your eligibility for travel credit cards. Maintain a good credit score by paying bills on time, keeping your credit utilization low, and managing your overall credit responsibly.
By following these do's and don'ts, you can make the most of your travel credit card, earn valuable rewards, and enhance your travel experiences. Remember to use the card responsibly and within your financial means.
Applying for a travel credit card means taking on financial responsibility. It's important to understand the terms and conditions, fees, and interest rates associated with the card before applying. Use the card wisely, pay your bills on time, and avoid carrying a balance to make the most of your travel credit card. Choosing the right travel credit card is a personal decision based on your individual needs and preferences. Take the time to research and compare options to find the card that will help you maximize your travel rewards and enhance your overall travel experience.
1. What is a travel credit card?
A travel credit card is a type of credit card that is specifically designed to cater to the needs of frequent travelers. It offers various travel-related benefits, such as airline miles or reward points for hotel stays, complimentary airport lounge access, travel insurance coverage, and discounts on travel expenses.
2. Are there any fees associated with travel credit cards in India?
Yes, travel credit cards usually come with an annual fee, which varies depending on the card issuer and the benefits provided. Some premium travel cards may have higher annual fees but offer enhanced benefits. Additionally, there may be charges for foreign currency transactions, cash advances, late payments, or exceeding the credit limit. It's essential to review the fee structure before applying for a travel credit card.
3. Can I use a travel credit card internationally?
Yes, most travel credit cards in India are internationally accepted and can be used for transactions worldwide. However, it's advisable to check with the card issuer about any foreign transaction fees or currency conversion charges that may apply.
AU Small Finance Bank and Ixigo Partner to Launch Premium Co-branded Travel Credit Card10 Nov 2023
AU Small Finance Bank (AU SFB), India's largest small finance bank, has tied up with Ixigo, a high-end travel platform to launch a premium co-branded credit card - The ixigo-AU co-branded credit card suitable for modern travellers. This card which ha...
AU Small Finance Bank (AU SFB), India's largest small finance bank, has tied up with Ixigo, a high-end travel platform to launch a premium co-branded credit card - The ixigo-AU co-branded credit card suitable for modern travellers. This card which has an annual fee of Rs. 999 plus GST is curated to provide seamless, flexible, and convenient traveling options for individuals across all travel sectors including flights, trains, buses, and hotels. It comes with a welcome bonus of 1000 reward points and Ixigo Money worth Rs. 1000 on completing the first successful transaction within the initial 30 days of card issuance. Travellers will get a discount of upto 10% on flights, bus, and hotel bookings. However, the best feature of this credit card is its multiple benefits for train travellers. Users will benefit from zero payment gateway charges for train bookings twice a month and get top tier reward points for all offline and online transactions. Moreover, it is the only OTA travel credit card to offer upto eight railway lounges, eight domestic airport lounges, and one international lounge access per year Additional benefits include a one percent fuel surcharge waiver on transactions and an annual fee waiver upon reaching a minimum spend of Rs. 1 lakh in the preceding year.
Indian tourists using credit cards in Europe now pay lesser interchange fees11 Feb 2019
Owing to a deal between the credit card companies like MasterCard, Visa, and the European Union, the interchange fee on physical usage of credit card (Indian issued credit cards) within the EU will come down drastically from 1.9% to 0.3%. E-commerce ...
Owing to a deal between the credit card companies like MasterCard, Visa, and the European Union, the interchange fee on physical usage of credit card (Indian issued credit cards) within the EU will come down drastically from 1.9% to 0.3%. E-commerce transactions will also see a modest reduction.
Interechange fees are paid to the card-issuing bank to cover handling costs, fraud, and bad debt costs and the risk involved in approving the payment.
CreditMantri will never ask you to make a payment anywhere outside the secure CreditMantri website. DO NOT make payment to any other bank account or wallet or divulge your bank/card details to fraudsters and imposters claiming to be operating on our behalf. We do not sell any loans on our own and do not charge any fee from our customers/viewers for the purpose of loan application