Yes. Government employees can get personal loans from ICICI Bank.
Individuals can avail personal loans from ICICI Bank for various purposes, such as medical emergencies, marriage expenses, home renovation, purchasing gadgets, funding your vacation, online courses, and so on. Interest rates on personal loans offered by ICICI Bank range from 10.5% to 19% p.a. The bank charges you with a processing fee based on the loan amount. Foreclosure charges are 5% on outstanding principal plus GST for salaried customers. Foreclosure charges are not applicable if the loan is closed using one’s own funds (MSME classified customers).
What are the factors based on which government employees can negotiate?
Government employees can negotiate based on
- Their income
- Repayment capacity
- The relationship between the government employee and ICICI bank.
- Credit score: If they have an excellent credit history, they can use it to their advantage to get better personal loan interest rates.
What are the parameters on which the bank will consider giving the government employee a better interest rate?
Some of the major factors are as given below.
- The repayment capacity
- The nature of their work (self-employed or salaried).
- The type of organization that they are employed in
- Financial strength
- The number of years remaining in their careers
- The credit score. If they have an excellent credit score, they can use it to their advantage to get a better interest rate.
What should government employees do to increase their chances of bargaining for the best interest rate?
They should do the following:
- Maintain a good credit score (750 and above). They have higher chances of loan approval when the score is higher.
- The EMIS should be within 40 to 50% of the take-home pay. Otherwise, it will not be practical, and queries will arise as to whether or not one can repay the loan.
- Should avoid applying for multiple personal loans and make sure that they do not have a loan that they have not applied for just recently.
- Make sure that they do not have any credit card debts (pay the credit card bills on time)
- If they have a good record of handling loans and credit card debts, they will be eligible for pre-approved ICICI Bank Personal Loans.