A credit score is very important in getting a loan or credit at favourable terms. If you have a poor credit score at present and wish to improve it by at least 100 points within a short duration, here are some tips that you can use:
- Avoid payment defaults: Ensure to make timely repayments of loans and also credit card bill payments. Any payment defaults can cause your credit score to drop. On the other hand, timely repayments can help in improving the score quickly.
- Check your credit report: To improve your credit score in a short period, make sure to check your credit report and credit score at regular intervals. In case of any discrepancy, make sure to dispute with the credit bureau immediately.
- Limit credit utilization: Limiting your credit utilisation can indicate that you are not credit hungry and can manage your finances well.
- Close all long-standing loans: These have chances of being tagged as bad credit. Multiple liabilities on your credit report can have an adverse effect on your credit score.
- Avoid multiple loan applications: If you make too many credit enquiries within a short period, it can negatively affect your credit score. It is an indication to lenders that you are in desperate need of credit.
To raise your credit score by 100 points within 30 days, try to implement all of the above-mentioned points and maintain a good credit track record. A good credit score will help in easily availing of loan or credit cards at reasonable interest rates.