Interested in financial products


There can be various reasons for a customer to request for transfer of his/her gas connection with HP Gas. Reasons such as the death of the existing owner, shifting of homes, services no longer required are commonly seen in HP Gas transfer cases. HP Gas always assists its customers in easily getting the gas connection transfer done. Read on to find out the various scenarios and steps to be followed for gas connection transfer.

Steps for HP Gas Transfer within your Current City

In case you wish to shift your residence to a different area within your current city and you have an active HP Gas connection, here are the steps for transfer of gas connection:

  • Reach out to your distributor and provide your consumer number along with Subscription Voucher (SV). Also, fill out the Transfer Form.
  • Submit the filled-in Transfer Form to the distributor and request for transfer based on shifting of residence. The request has to be made to update the address and KYC for the same.
  • The distributor will provide you with an e-copy of Consumer Transfer Advice (e-CTA) which is generally valid for up to 3 months.
  • After shifting your residence, you can provide the e-CTA to the new HP Gas distributor. The new distributor will update your SV or provide a fresh one.

In case you aren’t shifting to a different city, you can continue with the same LPG cylinder and pressure regulator. These can be reused at the new location and details can be provided to the new distributor. In case your existing distributor can offer services in the new location, you can simply update your address details in the form and KYC documents. This will allow you to use the same cylinder in the new address.

Steps for HP Gas Transfer to Another City

If you are moving to a different city for residential purposes, here are the steps to follow to get your gas connection transferred from registered address to new address:

  • Reach out to your HP Gas distributor and provide your SV, DGCC Booklet, LPG cylinder (preferably empty), pressure regulator, and transfer form that is duly filled.
  • These must be furnished to the distributor to get a Termination Voucher (TV). The TV is generally valid for one year. The distributor will also give back the security deposit and pressure regulator when you reach out for transfer in such cases.
  • After shifting to a new residence, you can take the TV along with the DGCC Booklet and reach out to the new distributor to submit the same.
  • The distributor then issues a fresh SV and updates the consumer number in relevant official records.
  • Once registration is complete, the distributor issues a fresh LPG cylinder and will give you a new pressure regulator after payment of security deposit amount.

Gas Connection Transfer to Individuals

HP Gas connection can be transferred in case of the below-mentioned circumstances or reasons:

  • Gas Connection Transfer to a Family Member – When it comes to LPG connection transfer, family members can include either Father, Mother, Son, Daughter, Brother or Sister. This requires ID and address proofs of the existing owner and proposed owner to be submitted at the existing HP Gas distributor while requesting a transfer. A declaration form must be filled and signed by the present owner and proposed owner and submitted at the distributor’s office.
  • Gas Connection Transfer Outside the Family – An existing LPG connection which has all KYC documents up to date can be requested to be transferred by the current owner to an individual who is not a family member (other than father, mother, brother, sister, son or daughter). This request can be made by providing an ID and address proof of the current owner and the proposed owner. At the time of requesting transfer of the connection, these documents are required for the distributor’s records and to ensure that the connection is legal. The declaration form must be signed by both the parties at the time of transfer.
  • Gas Connection Transfer without Owner’s Consent - If an applicant holds a Subscription Voucher and can show the equipment given by the distributor, however a consent letter is missing, for some reason, the gas connection can be transferred. The applicant will have to fill out and sign a declaration form and furnish the required KYC documents.
  • Gas Connection Transfer Due to the Death of the Owner - In case of an untimely death of the gas connection owner, the legal heir or nominee can take charge of the connection by getting it transferred to his/her name. In such transfer requests, a death certificate of the registered LPG owner and KYC documents of the applicant must be furnished to the distributor.
  • Regularization of Gas Connection: - Here are the steps to follow if the LPG connection is being held in the absence of a Subscription Voucher. With the help of these steps, the owner can regularize the gas connection and make it legal as per records. A few KYC documents must be submitted along with a duly filled declaration form. This process can be done at the distributor’s office.

HP Gas Transfer Form

The gas distributor provides the SV voucher which is in the name of the connection owner. In case the gas connection is requested to be transferred from a deceased family member to another, the following set of documents have to be submitted:

  • Declaration of the owner
  • Death certificate copy of the deceased owner
  • KYC of proposed owner
  • Identity and address proof of the proposed owner
  • Transfer form

FAQs on HP Gas Connection Transfer

1. Can I opt for gas connection transfer in my son’s name?

Yes, you can ask for a gas connection transfer to any of your family members. You must ensure to furnish the necessary KYC documents and relevant forms at the registered distributor’s office.

2. Can I request a gas connection transfer back to my name once I have transferred it to someone else?

Yes, you can get the gas connection transferred back to your name as long as the owner agrees for such transfer and you can provide all the necessary documents.

3. How much time does it take for HP Gas connection transfer?

The transfer of HP Gas can take about 2 weeks. In some cases, it can be done within the same day. The application type and necessary documents determine the timeline of transfer.

4. If I am residing in a rented house, can I give a rental agreement for KYC proof of address?

Yes. You may give your rental agreement as KYC proof of address in such cases.

5. If I am changing my home, will I have to change my gas distributor?

In case you are relocating to another city or an area which is unserviceable by your existing distributor then your gas distributor has to change. On the other hand, if your current distributor can continue servicing your new location, you can continue with the same distributor.

End Note

Any individual who owns HP Gas connection can request for a transfer at any point during his or her ownership. This can also be done in case the owner meets an untimely death. The transfer process is easy and hassle-free. One has to ensure that the required documents are produced and necessary forms are filled for the transfer to be complete.

×Thank you! Your comment will be reviewed and posted shortly.

CreditMantri will never ask you to make a payment anywhere outside the secure CreditMantri website. DO NOT make payment to any other bank account or wallet or divulge your bank/card details to fraudsters and imposters claiming to be operating on our behalf. We do not sell any loans on our own and do not charge any fee from our customers/viewers for the purpose of loan application