CreditMantri Finserve Private Limited
Door No.3, Block B, No. 147, Workeasy Space Solutions, RK Swamy Centre, Hansa Building, Pathari Road,Thousand Lights, Chennai, Tamil Nadu600006
Have any queries? Click here for more details
All written queries will be responded within 1 working day.
We'd love to help you through every step along the way.
Is your Credit Score >750?
Driving makes travel easy and comfortable. However, when you drive your car, you must always do it according to the rule of law. It is mandatory to have a license when you drive. Moreover, the Motor Vehicle Act of 1988 categorically states this and you must have a driving license based on the vehicle in question. There are different types of driving licenses in India like a two-wheeler license, a car license, and more. Driving without a valid license can attract huge fines from authorities and can lead to prosecution if offenses are committed. Driving a vehicle is a big responsibility and you need to have your documents in order while you drive on Indian roads.
About Categories of Driving License
A driving license is an official document that the government of India issues. It allows an individual to drive a vehicle on Indian roads. This document certifies that a person is eligible to drive or ride motorized vehicles such as a car, truck, bike, bus, etc without any supervision. A driving license specifies that you have undergone the required training and tests and are aware of all the traffic rules and regulations. A driving license is issued by the regional transport authority (RTA) or the regional transport office (RTO) of the state you reside in India. A driving license consists of a registration number and a passport size photo that shows you the identity of the vehicle owner. It must have the signature of the officer in charge along with the mention of the office it was issued from. If you are learning to drive, then you should first get a learner’s license and then you can get a driving license.
There are 4 types of driver’s licenses in India, and any citizen who is an adult can apply for any of these. But, the person must pass a driving exam before they are issued one.
1. Learner’s License
1. The holder of a permanent license should have trained you in driving or riding the vehicle.
2. The vehicle that you are learning to drive should have an ‘L’ displayed in red.
3. This sign should be seeable to other drivers on the road.
4. You must not just be trained in the physical operation of the vehicle, but also know traffic rules and regulations thoroughly.
5. The individual who holds a learning license must undergo coaching from vehicle training institutes that are government recognised.
6. Only trainers are allowed to ride pillion with the learner with regard to two Wheelers.
7. The driving license category for learning should be in accordance with the vehicle that is being used to learn.
2. Permanent License for a Private Vehicle
3. Permanent License (Commercial Vehicle)
The cons of not having a driving license are as follows:
1. What are the different categories of license?
The following are the types of licenses available by the RTO:
2. How long will the driving license be valid for?
Although the photocard requires to be renewed every 10 years, driving licenses are generally valid only until you are 70. After 70 years, you are required to renew your driving license every 3 years.
3. Is a driving license required to buy a car in India?
The driving license is not a mandatory document to buy a car. You can buy a vehicle without a driving license.
4. For how many months is my learner's driving license valid?
Your learner’s license is valid for 6 months from the date of issue. If you want to renew your learner’s license in Tamil Nadu, you have to follow the procedure as mentioned below.
Apply For A Driving License Online
Commercial Vehicle Driving License
Driving License Documents Requirements And Eligibility Criteria
Driving License Fees
Driving License Forms In India
Driving License Renewal Documents
Driving License Renewal In India
Driving License Status
Duplicate Rc Book
How To Apply For A Heavy Motor Vehicle Driving License
How To Change The Address On The Driving License
International Drivers License
Rto Registration Process
Smart Card Driving License
Traffic Challan In India